The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL's Clinical Psychology MSc

Hello!

I recently received an unconditional offer for Royal Holloway's Clinical Psychology MSc. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience on the course with me? More specifically, I'm curious about the optional clinical placement module, and what that entails (how direct is the contact/what sort of placements there are/hours spent at the placement). I hope to pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology in the future, and am hoping to gain as much clinical experience as possible while on the MSc course.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
Original post by nada_as
Hello!

I recently received an unconditional offer for Royal Holloway's Clinical Psychology MSc. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience on the course with me? More specifically, I'm curious about the optional clinical placement module, and what that entails (how direct is the contact/what sort of placements there are/hours spent at the placement). I hope to pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology in the future, and am hoping to gain as much clinical experience as possible while on the MSc course.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Hi nada_as,

I'm currently a student in the MSc Applied Social Psychology program, but I will do my best to chat you through the clinical placement module. From what my friends in the clinical program have told me, the placement is a great way to get experience if your goal is to go on to a PhD program. The placements that my friends hold are all very hands on, in terms of experience and are offered in a variety of different clinical areas. They work with patients, talk with clinicians and hold positions of responsibility within their workplaces. From what they have told me, their placements are preparing them well for the next steps in their academic careers.

Hopefully that’s helpful, but if you have any other questions please feel free to chat to me on the Royal Holloway website here.

Paige :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Has anyone else accepted a place for this course starting in 2019, I can't seem to find any groups or threads anywhere!
Original post by JodieWebb
Has anyone else accepted a place for this course starting in 2019, I can't seem to find any groups or threads anywhere!

Hi JodieWebb,

There's a 2019 applicants chat thread here that you can post in to see if there's anyone else on a similar course to you.

If you have any questions about studying at Royal Holloway, please feel free to ask me!

Susana :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, is there alumni of the psychology programs that I can talk to? Please help me contact someone.
Original post by pvc5298
Hi, is there alumni of the psychology programs that I can talk to? Please help me contact someone.

Hey, I've just completed the MSc Clinical Psych this year if you have any questions :smile: I did my undergrad at RHUL and will be starting a PhD there soon too
(Original post by spoony2799)Hey, I've just completed the MSc Clinical Psych this year if you have any questions :smile: I did my undergrad at RHUL and will be starting a PhD there soon too

Hi! How was your experience with your MSc? The practical exposure, academic competition etc. Also could you please share your accomodation experiences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending