The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Any sisters going to RHUL

Asslamu Alaikum
I was wondering if there are any sisters going to Royal Holloway this year, and if so are they commuting or staying on campus?

And for the current muslims at RHUL, is the Islamic Society any good? Are there halal food? Prayer rooms? And during ramadan is the university accommodating to those who stay on campus?

Thank you
Asslamu alaikum

Fellow Muslim Sister
Original post by Anonymous #1
Asslamu Alaikum
I was wondering if there are any sisters going to Royal Holloway this year, and if so are they commuting or staying on campus?
And for the current muslims at RHUL, is the Islamic Society any good? Are there halal food? Prayer rooms? And during ramadan is the university accommodating to those who stay on campus?
Thank you
Asslamu alaikum
Fellow Muslim Sister

wa alaikom alsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
did you get accepted here or are you still applying and choosing?
if so i would reccomend Brunel University, the islamic society there is very good
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by niqabiforever21
wa alaikom alsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
did you get accepted here or are you still applying and choosing?
if so i would reccomend Brunel University, the islamic society there is very good
I have already applied to Royal Holloway.
But I’ll keep Brunel in mind for clearing.

Do you go to Brunel? Or royal Holloway
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have already applied to Royal Holloway.
But I’ll keep Brunel in mind for clearing.
Do you go to Brunel? Or royal Holloway

ok
no actually im still in year 11 but i have been going there ever since i was a child and i am very familiar with the ISOC there
Original post by Anonymous
Asslamu Alaikum
Thank you
Asslamu alaikum
Fellow Muslim Sister

Hello,

At Royal Holloway, we want to establish a diverse community where everyone succeeds, is included, and feels that they belong! Royal Holloway is a multi-faith community, with many different beliefs represented on campus and excellent cooperation between faiths both on campus and in the local community. The numerous on-campus faith groups include the RHUL Islamic Society (ISoc), who arrange five daily Muslim prayers and classes. ISoc also maintain the University's Prayer Room, which offers prayer and ablution facilities for men and women.

We also have various societies for example the Middle Eastern and North African MENA Society who put on events such as MENA movie nights, shisha nights, cuisine nights, Dabake sessions, game nights as well as annual MENA ball. There are several food outlets on campus with Halal provision; simply look for the letter ‘H’ next to meat meals in The Hub, Crosslands, Founder’s Dining Hall, KW’s and Union Shop.

Royal Holloway has close links with the Islamic Welfare Association of West Surrey, which was formed in 1986, to serve the Muslim community in and around Royal Holloway University of London. You can find out more about student life at Royal Holloway here: https://royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
Experience Sharing: Share your experiences using The Student Room Group platforms for educational purposes, including forums, resources, and advice.
Asslamu Alaikum
Thank you
Asslamu alaikum
Fellow Muslim Sister
Salam, I'm a Muslim deciding whether to go to Royal Holloway or not yet, and I have the same question too! thats the biggest factor impacting my decision, have u found any helpful advice or decided yet?
Original post by almashehadeh
Salam, I'm a Muslim deciding whether to go to Royal Holloway or not yet, and I have the same question too! thats the biggest factor impacting my decision, have u found any helpful advice or decided yet?

Wa alaikum salam,
So far all I know is they have prayer rooms and wudhu facilities. They also provide prayer clothing.
I saw on a vlog from an ex student that they serve halal food as well
Please let me know if you find anything as well.
Asslamu Alaikum
Thank you
Asslamu alaikum
Fellow Muslim Sister
Walaikum salaam,
im a girl too who is planning to going to royal holloway. What degree you planning on doing? I want to do business and management. I also interested in Brunel university mainly because its close lol but im not sure yett. Did you go to the applicant day yet or campus tours?
Walaikum salaam,
im a girl too who is planning to going to royal holloway. What degree you planning on doing? I want to do business and management. I also interested in Brunel university mainly because its close lol but im not sure yett. Did you go to the applicant day yet or campus tours?

I am planning on doing Biomedical Science. I have only got offers from Roehampton and Royal Holloway so they're my only 2 choices.
I went to the applicant day and absolutely loved it.
It's an incredibly beautiful campus.
Walaikum salaam,

although Royal Holloway has an amazing Campus, Brunel has a very good islamic Society
either way, i hope Allah makes khayr for you wherever you choose to go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending