The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No, you still get them on the 5th
Reply 41
Right ok thanks :smile:
Reply 42
SpiritedAway
so. i know scottish people and they still write in legible english

if you understood what i was saying thn it doesnt actually matter n besides i only abbreviate small words. The important part of what i said was: postamn does not come till haf 2!

n thanks to SomethingSomething for understanding what i meant!
brodiebro
if you understood what i was saying thn it doesnt actually matter n besides i only abbreviate small words. The important part of what i said was: postamn does not come till haf 2!

n thanks to SomethingSomething for understanding what i meant!

i never said i did understand. i actually didn't understand. i didn't get how "haf" can be "half" i mean i can see it when i type it, but they are prenunciated completely differently
SpiritedAway
i never said i did understand. i actually didn't understand. i didn't get how "haf" can be "half" i mean i can see it when i type it, but they are prenunciated completely differently

Actually, half and haf sound the same if you say them normally. And it's prenounced, not prenunciated.

Results come the day after I get back from Venice :cool: excited!
Reply 45
TimmyVermicelli

venice! ooh wow i love that city. its really nice :smile: and sunny! yay.
reappears
venice! ooh wow i love that city. its really nice :smile: and sunny! yay.

real italian pizza is the best.

I'm soooo excited, it's the first time I'll be abroad in like... 10 years or something :biggrin:
Reply 47
god just when i get that image out of my head, i come back to this thread *doh*

and timmy, you will not be dissapointed :biggrin:
Hehe :evil:

Can't wait for it :biggrin:
TimmyVermicelli
Actually, half and haf sound the same if you say them normally. And it's prenounced, not prenunciated.

actually, it is prenunciated. you prenunciate things, not pronounce them, unless you're pronouncing someone dead of course. those two words don't sound the same "half" sounds more like "h-ar-f" whereas "haf" sounds more like "haff"
Reply 50
SpiritedAway
"half" sounds more like "h-ar-f"

not in a scottish accent it doesn't.
And besides why argue over such trivial things.
SpiritedAway
actually, it is prenunciated. you prenunciate things, not pronounce them, unless you're pronouncing someone dead of course. those two words don't sound the same "half" sounds more like "h-ar-f" whereas "haf" sounds more like "haff"

Does anyone else get the impression that some people look to pick arguments over trivial things with no relevance to what the thread is about. and if it would seem the majority of people understood what the initial posting said then why continue looking for an argument? makes very little sense!
If by majority you mean everyone...
Reply 53
SpiritedAway

I pronounce you annoying. q:
Meteorshower
If by majority you mean everyone...

indeed
SpiritedAway

you say your halfs with an 'r' in them?

:suitc:
Reply 56
i can imagine someone pronouncing half with an 'r'.

but this argument is beyond tedious.

and i think the sqa said the 5th? ima check this out. :s-smilie:
Reply 57
Pelican
I pronounce you annoying. q:

OWNED ;laugh; :own3d:
what are the advantages of the online results service? on exam result day, i'll probably be lying around my house doing nothing, so will it benefit me?
will i get results early, will i get my bands? why do it?
Reply 59
hellohellohellohello
what are the advantages of the online results service? on exam result day, i'll probably be lying around my house doing nothing, so will it benefit me?
will i get results early, will i get my bands? why do it?

Many peoples post doesn't come until late in the afternoon, so getting them at 8am may benefit people. Also if your in another country at the time they get posted, you can access them from where you are.

Latest

Trending

Trending