The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

At what age should people stop going clubbing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yes, that's true. I should have clarified my earlier post. People aged 40+ going to clubs that predominantly have a younger clientele is weird. People aged 40+ going to clubs aimed at their age bracket is fine.
Reply 41
In Luton the dancefloor used to be totally empty apart from this 60 year old bald asian man in a cardigan doing some shuffley dance. Euuugghh

I've pretty much stopped clubbing now apart from special occasions, and I'm a few months over 19. It's boring and I prefer talking in the pub over a pint :smile:
Well, I think it sort of depends. If a 50 year old enjoys clubbing every now and then, then why shouldn't they go clubbing? They're not causing any harm, they're not doing anything wrong- they're just enjoying themselves.

Personally, I haven't actually started properly clubbing yet, and when I do, I like to think that I'll enjoy it up to my 20s. Then I'll see if my taste and idea as to what a 'good night out' is has changed. If not, I'll just carry on clubbing.
Reply 43
Narkissos
When you ask for Pimms instead of Bacardi

I drank Pimms down the pub last night... I'm only 21! It tastes nice!
Reply 44
Again, my usual objections arise - almost everyone here seems to go to **** clubs.
different strokes for different folks and all that jazz
Reply 46
You don't ever really.
There is just a gentle transition from clubs and night-bars to pubs, then eventually to the local labour or conservative club untill you die and dance with the angels.
:smile:
You know it's true.
uthred50
You don't ever really.
There is just a gentle transition from clubs and night-bars to pubs, then eventually to the local labour or conservative club untill you die and dance with the angels.
:smile:
You know it's true.

awww that phrase "dance with the angels" made me smile:smile:
30, yup that is absolutely the max. Then it's pubs!
Reply 49
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
That's a bit nasty.

I went to Gatecrasher in Leeds a few years ago, and it was far too noisy for me. I just wanted to sit in the corner and read my Telegraph, but the doorman kept insisting that if that's all I wanted to do I could do it in Starbucks. Cheeky ageist mofo.

That place is absoloute ********. I went there a few weeks ago and i couldn't stand the place. Small, cramped and full of losers. I much prefer going to Oceana and varsity as if you want a dance you can go dance to whichever music, but there are also places to sit and chat in a quieter atmosphere if you fancy a cocktail or your feet are hurting or whatever.

I only go to clubs every few weeks, ok i'm a sociable first year, but i'm just not bothered about going out all the time. Of course, when i do go, i have a blast, but i hardly drink and i've never been drunk in my life. It does not appeal to me, so i will definitely not be going to clubs when i'm 30/40, but if others want to, they can. Who says once you have kids and get wrinkles means you cant have as much fun as you had when you were in your youth? Just for me, nightclubs are for the younger people with no responsibilities apart from getting up for their pizza job or their lecture the next afternoon (or even morning). But there you go. I love going to bars with a bit of lively atmosphere in them, at least you get a choice. But clubs are hit and miss really.
Prince Rhyus

Others tend to be the object of ridicule/faux affection. Every town has their "disco dave" who is normally someone with a drink problem, in their 40s-60s and is seen in night clubs - dammit some of them even have facebook groups!

HAHAHA thats amazing.

anyway.. er i think about 30ish. theres always oldies about.. i find it strange when some of my friends say their parents are going to the 'club' (good lord i hate that word but each to their own.. or something like that.
its pretty much up to you i guess.
Reply 51
After 30. After that I think the classier older people go to sophisticated bars, and drink fine wines.. while the not so classy continue clubbing and dancing to awful music, wearing awful clothes and doing awful things on the streets. After working in a night club for two days (and once on a Saturday night) this is the opinion I have been left with. There's nothing more embarrassing than watching 40 something people maul the faces off each other to 'Pon de Replay' in the middle of a dancefloor.
Reply 52
At whatever age they want, although people over 35 or so do look a bit desperate hanging near the bar trying to pick up single 18 year old girls. A bit of a stereotype I know. but largely true.
Reply 53
Sadhbh
After working in a night club for two days (and once on a Saturday night) this is the opinion I have been left with. There's nothing more embarrassing than watching 40 something people maul the faces off each other to 'Pon de Replay' in the middle of a dancefloor.

:biggrin: That last statement had me on the floor. It took me awhile to recover

I cant remember the last time I went to a club. The clubs in London are pretty bad (I hate packed places with people pushing and spilling drinks on me) and the smokey atomosphere kept me away

Even though I only drink Baileys nice bars, restaurants and parties thrown by friends I enjoy much more as you dont have to scream at each other over the music
I don't really speak to my dad much but when I do, which is about once a month, he says stuff like, "so what do you do in your spare time" and I never answer clubbing, as I don't really enjoy it, and he is pretty disgusted at that fact as he thinks I'm 'square'. Charming. He is 45 and goes clubbing almost every night as far as I'm aware, and to me it just weirds out a little bit and seems immature. I want to tell him to grow up. It's more the values he goes with, which basically consists of going to 'pull' women. (He still lives with his parents. Sad.) As much as I believe that if you're having a good time, you should carry on regardless of your age and where you are, it does make me cringe when you see middle-aged women in Chicagos shamelessly rubbing themselves up against men half their age etc. But it's just a personal preference that I'd rather not see that, lol.
Sadhbh
After 30. After that I think the classier older people go to sophisticated bars, and drink fine wines.. while the not so classy continue clubbing and dancing to awful music, wearing awful clothes and doing awful things on the streets. After working in a night club for two days (and once on a Saturday night) this is the opinion I have been left with. There's nothing more embarrassing than watching 40 something people maul the faces off each other to 'Pon de Replay' in the middle of a dancefloor.

Lol well said :biggrin:
Sadhbh

I completely agree.
Reply 57
L i b
Again, my usual objections arise - almost everyone here seems to go to **** clubs.

That's exactly what I thought. :s-smilie: Most of the clubs I frequent don't allow visitors under 18 anyway and people of just about any age group older than that can be found there. And these are not places playing your standard so-called "old people music", but rather psytrance or EBM - I never thought it was odd to see people in their fifties dancing there. I'll keep clubbing until I get bored of it; I don't think that'll happen due to feeling too old, though...
twice your age ... that is a no no

Latest

Trending

Trending