The Student Room Group

Revision Plan

Just making this thread to hopefully motivate me for the last push with revision. This year I’m doing six Edexcel International GCSEs as I already did 4 last year (Spanish, Biology, English Lang. and Geography)

This year:
Maths
History (WWI and II; USSR; International organisations)

English Lit. (Pride and Prejudice, An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men)

Latin
French
German

Any revision tips for those would be super helpful, and I can always give some for the ones I did last year if anybody wants them...

ONLY A FEW WEEKS TO GOOO
Tips for english lang? xxx
For mfl learn all vocab and do practise papers
For latin do same but make sure you know set text and grammar really well
Maths just do lots of practise papers
So next week I have a French speaking mock, then on Wednesday I have my actual German speaking exam. Revision plan for today:

- German (learn Topic A and B1)
- translate French questions
- learn French Topic A
- learn 3x French photo questions
dont be silly
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Starjalsha
Tips for english lang? xxx

Oo yes I loved English Lang. I’d practise just going through the texts/ poems and picking out every language/ structure feature, until you can do it really fast. This is super helpful in the exam. Also for Creative Writing, I was told that all the examiners really want, apart from a story that makes sense, is for you to throw in techniques. So for my story I made sure I added some pathetic fallacy, a simile/ metaphor/ personification, a variety of sentence structures, a bit of description, and also a one sentence paragraph for effect. I know that’s not really a revision tip but it really helped me at the time. Otherwise just past papers, and also doing essay plans rather than doing the whole essay...
For mfl learn all vocab and do practise papers
For latin do same but make sure you know set text and grammar really well
Maths just do lots of practise papers

Thank you! I think Latin’s my weakest subject so thats really helpful
Thsnk uuu
Are people on study leave?
Are people on study leave?

I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% sure because I’m home educated
Revision plan is basically same as yesterday - I have so much French to learn aaahh

-French (learn Topic B)
-German (Topic B)
-3 more French photo questions
-translate French questions if I have time
The best thing I did was to record, page by page, my set texts. I listened to each passage through a few times, then using the latin I would write it out, then check it against the original english. I also put together a master copy, which was the entire text from start to finish, and I listened to that on repeat as I went to sleep in the hope that it would stay in my brain. Listen to the recordings on the bus to and from school or as you go to sleep, and you'll become familiar with it very quickly. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending