The Student Room Group

I need good grades

I saw someone do this and thought it would be a good idea to keep myself accountable throughout the year. This will be a record of everything I do. I'm aiming for 8s and 9s.
Reply 1
Original post by Khadi99
I saw someone do this and thought it would be a good idea to keep myself accountable throughout the year. This will be a record of everything I do. I'm aiming for 8s and 9s.

Great, good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you!
Reply 3
I've created a revision plan to follow and I aim to do 2 past papers each weekend.
Original post by subbhy
Great, good luck!

With a decent action plan, sensible time allocation and some genuine determination, you won't need luck :wink:
Reply 5
Hopefully, I'm going to try to be really consistent and follow the plan I've made
Reply 6
Update: I have started to create flashcards using remnote.
Make sure you monitor your progress with your tutors, to see that it's working. If not, you'll need to switch it up.
Reply 8
Here is my current routine
I get up 20 minutes earlier than normal and revise for a bit.
I then go to school. On the way back, I look at each lesson I had that day and make a little summary at the end of the page (I also read these in the morning on the day I have that subject).
I then come home and try to finish all the homework I get that day and do an hour of revision. After that I take a break and watch an episode of the series I'm currently watching. I then look over Spanish vocab for 10 minutes everyday as I have been struggling with Spanish.
I hope this is useful!
Reply 9
Yesterday I did a practice paper and a couple hours of revision where I made flashcards using remnote and revised them.
Today I'm planning to mark the exam paper I did yesterday and do another one today as well. I planning on also doing a couple hours of revision and some coursework.
Right now I'm just using google keep notes to keep a track of everything I have done. If you feel there is a better way to organise what I am planning on doing throughout the day, please let me know, it would be really helpful!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 10
Weekly recap and review: I think in general this week has been good and I think I have been more productive because I made a revision plan. However I sometimes got distracted when I was doing revision which made me less productive. This meant I would have to do more hours of work to accomplish the same thing that could've taken me half the time because I was distracted. To improve I think I will follow my revision plan more strictly and time myself and give time limits.
Hi @Khadi99 just to let you know I've moved your blog over to the new forum for Grow Your Grades 2023-24. Good luck with everything!
Reply 12
I realised I haven't updated this in a couple days. So in the past couple of days, I have been trying to stay consistent with my routine. However this has been a bit difficult especially because I have been recently getting a lot of homework and it seems to keep piling up. Right now I'm trying to focus on finishing off my homework and trying to do even half an hour of revision depending on how much homework I get.
Reply 13
I'm starting to get back into the routine that I made for myself. Here's what I've learnt and how it's helped.
Waking up at the same time each day every single day, especially on the weekends. I often sleep in on the weekend and I felt that my whole weekend became rushed as I would spend most of my time doing nothing. I find that when I wake up at the same time as I do for school days on the weekends, I am more productive.
Telling someone about your plan and what you are going to do. I have been telling my parents and being upfront and honest about how much work and revision I do each day. Not only does this keep me accountable but because I know my parents are aware of what I am doing, I work harder. Recently, I've been telling my mum to chose a couple subjects each weekend and I would revise both subjects for around an hour.
Using a timer and time-lapse. I'm not the type of person to take breaks as I get a "spur of the moment energy" to start doing revision and If I stop I know I won't start revision again. I'm trying to incorporate 5 minute breaks every so often to just relax and not go on my phone. I use the app forest to measure how much I study overtime and time-lapse myself working. After I have finished all my work, its really satisfying to see a video of me fully focused on my work.
I don't know if this will help anyone, but this has really worked for me.
I will try to stay more consistent and write more often!
Reply 14
Original post by Khadi99
I'm starting to get back into the routine that I made for myself. Here's what I've learnt and how it's helped.
Waking up at the same time each day every single day, especially on the weekends. I often sleep in on the weekend and I felt that my whole weekend became rushed as I would spend most of my time doing nothing. I find that when I wake up at the same time as I do for school days on the weekends, I am more productive.
Telling someone about your plan and what you are going to do. I have been telling my parents and being upfront and honest about how much work and revision I do each day. Not only does this keep me accountable but because I know my parents are aware of what I am doing, I work harder. Recently, I've been telling my mum to chose a couple subjects each weekend and I would revise both subjects for around an hour.
Using a timer and time-lapse. I'm not the type of person to take breaks as I get a "spur of the moment energy" to start doing revision and If I stop I know I won't start revision again. I'm trying to incorporate 5 minute breaks every so often to just relax and not go on my phone. I use the app forest to measure how much I study overtime and time-lapse myself working. After I have finished all my work, its really satisfying to see a video of me fully focused on my work.
I don't know if this will help anyone, but this has really worked for me.
I will try to stay more consistent and write more often!

How many hours of revision are you doing a day?
Reply 15
Currently I'm doing 30 minutes to an hour. On the weekend I try to do 1hr to 1hr 30 minutes. Tbh sometimes I can't be bothered to do any revision so I try to do some in the morning on the way to school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending