The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE biology paper 1 Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did u write about the parents being heterozygous dominant and the 25 percent chance because o is recessive and requires two recessives to be expressed
Original post by cats786
I filled in the punnet square and wrote how o is recessive and ab was dominant and there is 25%chance it was o
Reply 21
Probs??
Original post by Inzz3
I swear it was carbon dioxide and chlorophyll
Original post by 06Dhoworth
What did people get for the rate question?

I got like 0.008s-1

yh I got the same as you
Yeah
Original post by Inzz3
Did u write about the parents being heterozygous dominant and the 25 percent chance because o is recessive and requires two recessives to be expressed
nah i checked after the exam, it's oxygen :/
Original post by cats786
Probs??
Lens x??
wasn't the direction of the impulse on the sensory neurone question going the wrong way. It was going towards the receptor cells and not towards the dendrites??
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Inzz3

did u do edexcel or aqa cause that wasn't on my paper?
I think completing the punnet square itself gave you the half the marks. Saying it was 25% chance and saying how both parents are a carrier of the recessive O allele gave you the other half of the marks
Original post by Inzz3
it was oxygen and chlorophyll
Original post by cats786
Probs??
Reply 31
Original post by 06Dhoworth
What did people get for the rate question?

I got like 0.008s-1

Yes!
Carbon dioxide enters through the stomata, so it was oxygen and chlorophyll! Sorry!
Original post by Inzz3
I swear it was carbon dioxide and chlorophyll
what on earth was that myelinated sensory neurones vs unmyelinated neurons in the brain question?
Reply 34
everything i got:
food test for reducing sugar- benedicts solution on food then into water bath
297 for the mean one
cones are the part that detect coloured light
lens y because i thought the defect was short sightedness since light focused in front of retina
oxygen and sunlight absorbed by chlorophyll
eukarya- multiple choice about plants
blood group 6 marker- a and b are codominant so need recessive allleles to get o blood so 25%
synapse- gap where neurones meet, transfer neurotransmitter that cause electric signal in next neurone
gonarrhea- bodily fluids, wear protection, talk about how its significantly increased these past few years
1.84 x 10^8 i think it was
0.0008 one for the rate
for the amount of people infected i got 895000
rna polymerase multiple choice one
The axon was the line going through the middle x
I wrote myelinated was quicker
Original post by sunnycloudyskies
what on earth was that myelinated sensory neurones vs unmyelinated neurons in the brain question?
Original post by sunnycloudyskies

It was referring to the myelin sheath on some neurones. They only allow impulses to travel in one direction but they travel faster. In the brain, they don't need to travel that fast since everything's closely connected, but from one body part to another requires the myelin sheath to speed up impulses.
Reply 38
i got y because the light focused infront of the retina so it was short sightedness
Original post by cats786
Lens x??
Original post by 311202st
wasn't the direction of the impulse on the sensory neurone question going the wrong way. It was going towards the receptor cells and not towards the dendrites??

no it wasn’t going the wrong way, it was asking you if it’s going to the left then which side are the axons on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending