The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think we should all do a summary of each option, like really basic. Il start us off:

Investment in renewable energy:
Good: potential green image
some savings in the future

Bad: 10-15 years payback
green image may not be that sucessful
focussing on the small costs (3%)
OAM not likely to invest that much
Long term strategy
OAM may just asset strip in the end making it not worth it

feel free to add and come upwith ur own...
do this things tackle the seasonality thing though? and it's not specified as a strategy. so unless we were asked for our own views, couldn't really brign anything like this up. and also, remember the maturity times of cheese are long.
Reply 182
so why not sell to resturants then big and expensive ones that A customers go to
ADhatt
Just stick to different cheese ranges i would say. Or...... alternatively, benchmark key aspects of what their competition are doing and how the "largest" dairy producer is gaining revenue better than themselves. The most obvious would be to introduce different cheese ranges. Atleast ACC could make use of the same machinery supposedly.. of which only has an average capacity utilazation of 68%.

Yeah but all cheeses follow a similar seasonallity.

At christmas, capacity utilisation is over 100%

They couldn't package extra cheese here (or cheese from someone else for that matter)

They need to package something like ice cream, which has high sales in summer.
Reply 184
Tipitman
so why not sell to resturants then big and expensive ones that A customers go to

because ACC Stilton is the cheapest out of its competitors. the 'A' customers may want the even more expensive cheese e.g. of which the likes of Waitrose sell, which is distributed to them from other dairies at a premium rate..

I feel that before even looking to sell to restaurants, ACC must brand their cheeses to create some form of brand equity and overall awareness which will most definitely strengthen their bargaining powers.
storminaDcup
do this things tackle the seasonality thing though? and it's not specified as a strategy. so unless we were asked for our own views, couldn't really brign anything like this up. and also, remember the maturity times of cheese are long.

White Stilton doesn't take long to mature.

I bet no-one here has heard of it...

Niche....
Maybe they need to research their wholesalers again and find out who they actually supply? seems a bit far fetched though. By the way, I really stuggle with finance equations... what key ones would you advise i focus on?

Dewdrop_roses
Reply 187
There are like 5 competitors who all sell at roughly at the same price plus the customers in a resturant dont know the brand of food normally all that matters is if it is a good quality.
Reply 188
with such a cheese taking as long as 10-12 weeks to mature - i think.. how can ACC cope with demand? - predict patterns of peek in seasonality.. ?
Reply 189
Just to go off topic, you cant actually make stiltion in stiltion village.
yeah they can tackle seasonality by packaging other stuff...it doesn't have to be stilton...it would boost the capacity all year round, but tbh, the packaging department is not in great shape.
ADhatt
with such a cheese taking as long as 10-12 weeks to mature - i think.. how can ACC cope with demand? - predict patterns of peek in seasonality.. ?

White Stilton doesn't take 10-12 weeks to mature :cool:
I know! how ridiculous is that?!?! lol

dewdrop_roses
i live 10/15 mins away from stilton haha
Reply 194
Get rid of packing department - never midn give it other stuff to do for the most part its useless.
storminaDcup
yeah they can tackle seasonality by packaging other stuff...it doesn't have to be stilton...it would boost the capacity all year round, but tbh, the packaging department is not in great shape.

It's not THAT difficult to turn around though is it?

The machinery is new etc, it's just the workers.
so what are peoples views bout it then? train up the packers? motivate them? if it dnt work bring in the EE?
this exam would be so much less stressful if id had a teacher for the last 2-3 months :frown:
sometimes you just need someone to say "No youre wrong" or "Yes, that's spot on!".. its hard to know where im going right/wrong on my own :s-smilie:

dewdrop_roses
I say train, motivate, re-structure... basically revive the existing staff

ASK THEM WHAT THEY WANT!

the most simple and yet least mentioned solution.

dewdrop_roses
i think they would be much better off getting rid of the packaging dept
its an obvious source of bother
energy prices set to rise
they would be better just to get rid of it and outsource their stuff
and focus on their core activity which is producing
it would abolish the whole polish worker issue which is threatening their workforce
and without a workforce, what can they do right?

Latest

Trending

Trending