The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Essay - Is like every other exam

Strat - is like an essay only adapted with stuff like his aim is therefore the overall objective is one tactic they could use a achive this in the long term this would do, thereroe this should be reviewed in a months time ect.

basicly its an essay with a method of achiving an aim with some reccomendations for assement built in.
PDO---possible advantages it could bring to ACC

-------constraints it could also have on them.

any thoughts?
oh yeah sorry i knew that, like i knew to contextualise lol
Honeypepper
maybe ocr want us to do our own research and find out that in facet, ACC could increase their price dramatically? it wld only be able to double it tho as the supermarkets is practuically doubling it

I dont think that we're expected to do our own reserach for this unit

Thats all coming for the wonderful synoptic!! long term survival in an internet cafe wooohooo!! haha!
:biggrin: :cool:
Reply 384
Some prices:

Cropwell Bishop Organic sold @ £14.99/kg by Waitrose
Cropwell Bishop Stilton sold @ £13.99/kg by Waitrose
Dickinson & Morris sold @ £11.91/kg by Dickinson & Morris
Paxton & Whitfield @ £17.00/kg by Paxton & Whitfield
Quenby Stilton @ £11.50/kg by Quenby Stilton
Mini Stilton @ £18.75/kg by Cheeseworks
Colston Bassett Stilton @ £20.70 by Norbiton Fine Cheese
Reply 385
bieng an oligoply if you ask me is a disadvantage - if they rise price highet than others there screwed its alot more competitive
Reply 386
can we do the odd bullet points here and there and then expand on them?
tipitman- ok i get it, well with stakeholders it will have to depend on the question wont it. i think id prob end up doin a bitof strategy writing just naturally.

PDO
ADS: monopoly powers (stop new companies entering the market)

DISADS: stilton in rather price elastic, so does not really give them much monopoly power
means they can relocate the business to lower cost areas
Shinnstar-7
the only advantage is it monopoly powers, meaning it basically controls the prices. the major disadvantage is that they cannont move to china for example where they can get cheaper labour and increase there profit.

Yeh i think they're good ideas!!

What about if ACC use PDO as a reason to increase prices...packaging staff could become even more worked up over a payrise ( as now ACC could reasonably afford it)....
i spoke to my teacher bout bullet points today.. apparantly they dnt reallylike it, but she said continous prose lol and then expand lol. and 2879, how i remember thee. failed it once, prob fail it again lol..... sorry u guys have prob been put off taking what ever i say seriously now u kno that lol.
Just registered to say thanks, I've read through this thread and its gave me a few decent ideas, I still think it's impossible for Lateef to achieve his objective by the end of the year though! Well unless he sells the packaging department but that surely has too many disadvantages..

I'll stick around for a bit incase I can help with anything but I'm not the brightest so I doubt I'll be much help!
acc cannot raise prices because stilton is price elastic as there are a few other stilton cheese manufacts but millions of other cheese manfcts. ppl wld just go and buy another stilton manfacturers.

HOWEVER they do enjoy some inelasticity, so they cld negotiate a price rise.
Reply 392
Right being a oligopoly From wiki 'An oligopoly is a market form in which a market or industry is dominated by a small number of sellers (oligopolists). The word is derived from the Greek for a few over many. Because there are few participants in this type of market, each oligopolist is aware of the actions of the others. The decisions of one firm influence, and are influenced by the decisions of other firms. Strategic planning by oligopolists always involves taking into account the likely responses of the other market participants. This causes oligopolistic markets and industries to be at the highest risk for collusion.'

Note highest risk should they move prices up and others do not follow they will lose out as buyers will go to other companies.

In other words its not really an advantage as they are having to atch there backs more than a normal company.
sorry a SMALL price rise.
Shinnstar-7
Thats the arguement of the staff already, they belive that as they have the monopoly powers lateef should raise the prices and give them a 3.2% pay rise, however i dont belive they deserve it as they havent become more productive and frankly seem like a bunch of moaning old farts

Lol id love for us all to quote that in the exam...the exam board will think we're all rebelling against ACC hahah!
Reply 395
A way to achieve Lateefts objective is

1) Raise Average Selling Price (per kg) by 5% - now in profit by £97,932

2) Reduce "other costs" by 10% = £205,324 already!

3) Negotiate to bring down milk costs by 2% = £270,296! THERE YOU GO ITS DONE

NOTE: This doesnt take in to consideration the external factors e.g. economic factors, energy rates increasing, and pay increase to employees. I have come up with a solution but its too long to type on here. But thats the basic one which will defo get you marks I believe.
increase prices by 5% im goin by. i will hardly effect customers at ass. mabe by 10p
Reply 397
Honeypepper
increase prices by 5% im goin by. i will hardly effect customers at ass. mabe by 10p

it wont affect customers. Its an attempt to increase 5% in prices to the supermarkets and wholesalers. The price to the customers will remain the same.
Reply 398
Argh no price rise lol do this and they lose sales, 5% would cause a loss in sales mind this being OCr if you argue it you get marks anyway lol.
Shinnstar-7
there are three ways of achiveing the 5%

1) sell the packagin
2) package for other customers (they have 35% capacity free)
3) increase prices by 5%

1) Gotcha
2) I can't seem to find the 35% capacity free in the case study, is it in there or have you worked that out from somewhere?
3) I wouldn't say that's guaranteed to achieve the 5%, they could lose quite a few customers, but looking at other Stilton prices this might be the best idea.

Latest

Trending

Trending