The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Weigh them, burn them underneath a beaker of water and measure the temperature change of the water to measure how much energy the biscuits release?
Reply 2
Calculate the official tastiness factor. Or calculate the energy contained as above. Still prefer the tasty test though...
Reply 3
haha - what an odd qustion

hmmmmm.... You could possibly dip in hydrogen peroxide to see seeing if there is any catalase in the cells.... but have a feeling that Catalase is only in animal cells, so not sure on this one

or you could weigh it, than burn it till its completely black and weigh again, and try to explain what happened to the matter that has now gone

I got an E in chemistry, so may not be the best person to ask.... But I think a bit of a fire on a biscuit sound like fun!!
Reply 4
you could react it with acids and see if any gas is produced...

you can also react it with conc sulphuric acid...and it will remove water from sugar...using this method you can possibly show the amount of sugar in it...

remember the gummy bears dancing reaction? you could do that too...
well heat potassium chlorate till it melts and put the powdered biscuit inside...the sugar will react and its fun to watch...:rolleyes:

you can also powder both the biscuit and potassium nitrate and burn it...you will have nice fireworks...:cool:

well if i think of anything else i will tell you

Latest