The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
~Adel~
I hate the last question(s) in the C4 papers..they're always there to trick you out.

Btw, liakwen, why do you have such high warnings level? You've just posted 68 times!

Its because of you reported me remember?.. ahahahaha!!...
pcok
Bit contradictary? I think 70 would be the lowest a maths paper would ever go for full UMS marks. If it was easy it would be more like 74/75, and the boundary for an A will probaby be quite high, ~64 maybe, but I hope not!

oww is it?:confused:
i still mean it was a quite an easy paper:smile:
Reply 42
liakwen
64/75 for an 80 UMS A mark? Are you kidding me. Thats insanely high. I know the paper was easy, but it wasnt THAT easy, for me that is. I got 68/75 and wish i wold be a 90 UMS biatch.. anyway I find this paper harder than Jan 2008 dont you think? Ugh... But im really looking forward to C4 but yet im not really looking forward to C4. Find C4 easy at times, yet i find it hard at times.. So watever..

Well I personally thought it was quite a hard paper compared to normal, but that wasn't the general census of opinion on the other thread. Whilst I thought it was harder than Jan 08, many people on here found it easier, and Jan 08 was set at 64/75 for an A. I really hope it isn't that high either, as I think I'm on about 69/75 so I'll be annoyed if that isn't in the 90s but there you go.

Hmm I dunno what to think about C4, I won't have time to revise it until Wed evening due to other exams so I'll see what I manage to do then! Haven't touched vectors yet, and only half way through integration, let along past papers!
Reply 43
alexsheppard11
oww is it?:confused:
i still mean it was a quite an easy paper:smile:

Lol cos you're saying it's easy and grade boundaries will be low. An easy paper means higher grade boundaries and visa versa.
Reply 44
liakwen
Its because of you reported me remember?.. ahahahaha!!...

Did i? Or am i not realising it's a joke?
C4 better be nice...its summer they always seem to be nicer to you in summer. But then again, this is Edexcel...
Reply 46
Adel wrote:
You CAN talk about it as long as i don't report you to the moderators. MUAHAHA! Did you say

A warning from TSR:
You have been warned for one of your posts, which violated The Student Room Rules. The reason you have been warned is because:
You have been reported of discussing edexcel exam before the 12 hour period is up in private message with Adel.
For this violation, you have been given : 10 point(s).
The point(s) will remain in your account for 14 days.
After that, they will be removed automatically.

T_T... wells its ok atually as long as i dun do anymore silly mistakes ahaha. :biggrin:
Reply 47
OMG! I didn't report you!!! OMG! OMG! OMG!! Let me PM you.
Reply 48
pcok
Lol love your pedantry there :rofl:

Lol, I'm a bit of a sarcy bastard :rolleyes:

XENOCIDE
mate, can u do fp1 before C4? out of curiosity . .

Technically no, but I did anyway...hence I'm retaking it this year :smile:
Reply 49
haha correct :P
yeah i though the paper was grand, the 1st question was a bit annoying, especially when for Q1b, b=(16-8ln2) or somthing :s-smilie: the rest was ok
forgot what f(-x) was though, not losing sleep over 2 marks though
pcok
Lol cos you're saying it's easy and grade boundaries will be low. An easy paper means higher grade boundaries and visa versa.

yer i know, i then reposted my view:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=12773551&postcount=42
Reply 51
Was one of the qusetions something like gf(x) = 1/8 and what was the answer? I put +or- squre root of 10. Can anyone remember exactly what that question was?

OMG! Was one of the questions: Find the maximum value of that Rcos(x-a) question or something? O Crap, i think i missed it out.
aggarestow
Was one of the qusetions something like gf(x) = 1/8 and what was the answer? I put +or- squre root of 10. Can anyone remember exactly what that question was?

OMG! Was one of the questions: Find the maximum value of that Rcos(x-a) question or something? O Crap, i think i missed it out.

close!:smile:
it was +/- sqrt 5:p:

the max value the Rcos(x-a) question was 13. this is wen cos x = 0.therefore in this example the angle works out at 1.176 in radians.:smile:
Reply 53
alexsheppard11

Don't get you but okay lol.
Reply 54
alexsheppard11
close!:smile:
it was +/- sqrt 5:p:

the max value the Rcos(x-a) question was 13. this is wen cos x = 0.therefore in this example the angle works out at 1.176 in radians.:smile:

Oh. My. God.

I looked at that Q and didn't know how to work it out!!! I got the max as 13, but not the value of x! Guess I just didn't think of it in the way I would have if it was a normal graph...wow I'm annoyed now I've just seen that!
pcok
Oh. My. God.

I looked at that Q and didn't know how to work it out!!! I got the max as 13, but not the value of x! Guess I just didn't think of it in the way I would have if it was a normal graph...wow I'm annoyed now I've just seen that!

o well look at the marks you would have lost... only 2:smile:

(c) (i) Write down the maximum value of the equation. (1 mark)
(ii) Find the smallest positive value of x for which this maximum value occurs. (2 marks)
Reply 56
alexsheppard11
o well look at the marks you would have lost... only 2:smile:

(c) (i) Write down the maximum value of the equation. (1 mark)
(ii) Find the smallest positive value of x for which this maximum value occurs. (2 marks)

Yeah good point, thanks :smile:

But still..that's C1 work isn't it? What an idiot!
pcok
Yeah good point, thanks :smile:

But still..that's C1 work isn't it? What an idiot!

do you want me to slap your forehead for you?:p:
Reply 58
alexsheppard11
do you want me to slap your forehead for you?:p:

Haha you should have done that in the exam mate, that may have helped!
pcok
Haha you should have done that in the exam mate, that may have helped!

i will use my super long arms and hope the invidulator doesn't notice:wink: :p:
if not, i will cough really really loudly and hope you hear:biggrin:

Latest