The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you think the grade boundaries will be for this paper? And the whole biology exam overall?
Reply 81
I think they will be higher than last year. They are going to be like 2017. Bcoz last year the papers were insanely hard so the grades boundaries dropped
I blanked on question and put something along the lines of use a coloromiter to measure how much light passes through each sample..

1 mark worthy? :frown:

Edit: i also mentioned calibrating it with a sample of clear water
Original post by Adam barton
yeah you wouldnt have to do a calibration curve, but you would have to make sure the colorimeter is calibrated to a sample of denionised water before testing the river samples
(edited 4 years ago)
Last one, Absorbs glucose by active transport and fac. diffusion and water travels down the wp gradient
Original post by Yonav King
what was the actual answer of the tick box whether it was first or last but the writing??
Reply 84
can anyone tell me why exactly you need a calibration curve cuz theyre used to work out the relationship with the concentration which in this case is pointless, surely you can just use the calorimeter on it own and just find absorbance and thatll tell you how cloudy they are relative to each other and pure water??????
Original post by Vfdvf-%
I wrote this too! I’d say 2/3 marks. I didn’t mention a calibration curve, which probably would’ve been the third mark :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 85
you dont need calibration, i just wrote it in at the end just in case
Original post by Fvbfdd
can anyone tell me why exactly you need a calibration curve cuz theyre used to work out the relationship with the concentration which in this case is pointless, surely you can just use the calorimeter on it own and just find absorbance and thatll tell you how cloudy they are relative to each other and pure water??????
Reply 86
2 mark worthy
Original post by CopyThat
I blanked on question and put something along the lines of use a coloromiter to measure how much light passes through each sample..

1 mark worthy? :frown:

Edit: i also mentioned calibrating it with a sample of clear water
Reply 87
Pretty sure this was a 2 marker? I wrote ethnicity and exercise levels, dunno what would be on the mark scheme tho
Original post by s171958
I wrote if they are pregnant. And I wrote if they are on any current medication. Dont know if they are right as you needed both points for the 1 mark
Original post by Azeee
Pretty sure this was a 2 marker? I wrote ethnicity and exercise levels, dunno what would be on the mark scheme tho

Nah it was 2 points for one mark, i remember being annoyed seeing that
I put height and ethnicity i think,...
Original post by Azeee
So like 174 for an A*? Do you think this might increase?
Original post by s171958
I think they will be higher than last year. They are going to be like 2017. Bcoz last year the papers were insanely hard so the grades boundaries dropped
Reply 91
Hopefully they have a few answers on the mark scheme for this one
Original post by CopyThat
I put height and ethnicity i think,...
Reply 92
Original post by Hangsung
So like 174 for an A*? Do you think this might increase?

Yeah most likely because this years paper 1 was piss compared to last year tbf
I calculated that my minimum would be about 152 and maximum about 170 (out of 260) What grade would this be 😭
Reply 94
An A
Original post by honeybooooo
I calculated that my minimum would be about 152 and maximum about 170 (out of 260) What grade would this be 😭
hello can someone pls tell me what the essay Q was
Have you done paper 3
Reply 97
Is there update with a more clear markscheme????
Original post by arts_to_med
Hey, has anyone found the 2019 past papers online anywhere? Found paper 1 but not 2 or 3.

hey could you send me paper 1? x

Latest

Trending

Trending