The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 3 - 19th June 2019 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Dont worry about the start colour it only asked for the end colour of the reaction being pale pink
Original post by safa_k
Naa it’s colourless to pink/purple (our class did an experiment on it).
What do you think a B will be
Original post by s171958
Dont worry about the start colour it only asked for the end colour of the reaction being pale pink

It asked for colour change tho no?
Original post by AR.27
So would they accept colourless to pink?

i believe the colour change was pale green to pale pink because of the presence of Fe2 ions with low concentrations of Fe3 ions; although if you put colourless to pale pink i think you would still get the mark because the green at the start is very pale due to low concentrations of Fe2
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 224
yeah i said pink too
Original post by hunterlineage
Hi, I think the colour change goes from green solution to pale pink, because it contains aqueous Fe2+ ions which are green in solution.

but i didn't mention colourless ????
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by soksok
yeah i said pink too
but i didn't mention colourless ????

im not too sure if you would get the mark, but in one of the practice questions the colour change meant going from one colour to the other. oh well!
Original post by Hjjjjj
Guys for ka I wrote 0.00721 but I crossed it out and put 0.00574 because It it only said work out the ion, so I didn’t include the mr of sodium??

So you wrote the correct answer first then changed it. I did the same thing. I used Mr of the whole compound.
what do we thibk grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Kpnuts2000
what do we thibk grade boundaries will be?

Pretty similar to last year's because even though our papers were harder, there were no 'unusual' maths questions (like the last question in P1 last year) and paper 3 I think people found generally quite good. I think only paper 2 could bring them down but not by much
i think 192 for an A
Original post by Khushi.S
Pretty similar to last year's because even though our papers were harder, there were no 'unusual' maths questions (like the last question in P1 last year) and paper 3 I think people found generally quite good. I think only paper 2 could bring them down but not by much

Paper 3 was easier and paper 2 was harder so the effects cancel out, so it depends on paper 1, which imo wasn’t bad but wasn’t great either it was a bit “weird” so maybe similar or 1-2 marks up from last year
Original post by Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Paper 3 was easier and paper 2 was harder so the effects cancel out, so it depends on paper 1, which imo wasn’t bad but wasn’t great either it was a bit “weird” so maybe similar or 1-2 marks up from last year

Yeah, I also reckon a small change either way tbh. I think some of the stuff like period 4 or cobalt may have meant that a lot of people just didn't attempt the questions but I don't think it'll make a huge difference to the boundaries
Original post by Khushi.S
Yeah, I also reckon a small change either way tbh. I think some of the stuff like period 4 or cobalt may have meant that a lot of people just didn't attempt the questions but I don't think it'll make a huge difference to the boundaries

Ye basically that stuff like period 4 and the 6 marker and the electro spray ionisation basically will lower the gb in same way as last year the big calc lowered the gb, so I guess similar gb for paper 1, lower for p2 and p3 higher, so overall similar gb 1-2 marks either way imo
Original post by Mcgreggorrrrrrrr
Ye basically that stuff like period 4 and the 6 marker and the electro spray ionisation basically will lower the gb in same way as last year the big calc lowered the gb, so I guess similar gb for paper 1, lower for p2 and p3 higher, so overall similar gb 1-2 marks either way imo

Yes, I think that too. Well, we only have a day and a half before we find out. Will be nice to see a drop in boundaries though, although with paper 3, even though the practical questions were a lot easier, the MCQ were harder than last year? I remember finding quite a few really confusing
I think lower because P2 was the hardest and P3 did have difficult multiple choice questions and P1 was very maths heavy which 60% dont like.
Original post by Kpnuts2000
I think lower because P2 was the hardest and P3 did have difficult multiple choice questions and P1 was very maths heavy which 60% dont like.

I suppose thats true actually, maybe the boundaries are more likely to drop rather than increase. We'll find out soon anyway
Hi,are your horizontally or vertically?CAn u pls let me know ASAP😩💕
Original post by CeliaaaWuuu
AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 3 - 19th June 2019

this is my multiple choice answer

CADCC
BAABB
AADAB
ACAAB
CDADC
DADDD

Hi are your answers horizontally or vertically?can u pls reply ASAP😩💕
Original post by CeliaaaWuuu