The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the EPQ!
But the lecturer doing it was ill for most of last term. So we're all really far behind...
It might have helped me get into uni, but my top choice uni only care about A2 qualifications (as in they want ABB)
But, it can be a saving grace on UCAS points :smile:

It's very independant based and quite 'fun'. I've arranged an interview with my local MP through it for next week (I'm doing a Journalistic centered one)

Hope this helps? Any other specific questions?
Thanks, Sam. Don't you think you're going to pass it now?

Also, it's an extra in spare time, isn't it? So, it doesn't count as one of the four A Level choices?
Reply 382
SunnyShine
Thanks, Sam. Don't you think you're going to pass it now?

Also, it's an extra in spare time, isn't it? So, it doesn't count as one of the four A Level choices?

It's worth an AS grade, but I wouldn't take it as a 'subject', just a 'supplement'.
JayAyy
It's worth an AS grade, but I wouldn't take it as a 'subject', just a 'supplement'.

Oh okay. But even though it's more like a "supplement", than a "subject", isn't it still quite time consuming?
Reply 384
SunnyShine
Oh okay. But even though it's more like a "supplement", than a "subject", isn't it still quite time consuming?

I think it depends on the type of person you are. I'm an incosistent worker (i.e: one day I work really hard, another day I don't even touch a pen), but I (personally) never found time to do it. Do everything over the Summer if you can, and you should be fine :smile:
JayAyy
I think it depends on the type of person you are. I'm an incosistent worker (i.e: one day I work really hard, another day I don't even touch a pen), but I (personally) never found time to do it. Do everything over the Summer if you can, and you should be fine :smile:

Lol. That happens to me. One day, I'll be like "Yeah, I can get this all done" so I work on it. Then by the next day it's like, "bleh, I did enough yesterday, I'll work on it tomorrow".

Did you ever try to do it in the first place? Or did you just never bother at all?
Reply 386
SunnyShine
Lol. That happens to me. One day, I'll be like "Yeah, I can get this all done" so I work on it. Then by the next day it's like, "bleh, I did enough yesterday, I'll work on it tomorrow".

Did you ever try to do it in the first place? Or did you just never bother at all?

I go a bit of research done when I went library once, but from there onwards I just got lazy. I was so lazy, I can't even remember where I put my research :p:
JayAyy
I go a bit of research done when I went library once, but from there onwards I just got lazy. I was so lazy, I can't even remember where I put my research :p:

What were you even trying to research? Lol. Did the teacher not mind that you dropped out? I was thinking of maybe taking the EPQ but telling the teacher that if it gets too much with my other A Levels, that I might have to drop it.
Reply 388
SunnyShine
What were you even trying to research? Lol. Did the teacher not mind that you dropped out? I was thinking of maybe taking the EPQ but telling the teacher that if it gets too much with my other A Levels, that I might have to drop it.

Stuff on taxation lol.

And my teacher said that if it begins to intervene with normal subjects, then you should drop out. That's what I did :smile:
JayAyy
Stuff on taxation lol.

And my teacher said that if it begins to intervene with normal subjects, then you should drop out. That's what I did :smile:

Does it have to be on something serious, though? Like Sam, a few posts above said his was on a journalism subject. You just said about taxation.
Reply 390
SunnyShine
Does it have to be on something serious, though? Like Sam, a few posts above said his was on a journalism subject. You just said about taxation.

Mine was basically economics based, but I made it specifically on taxation.

My advice is to pick a certain topic you like in Chemistry (or something that looks interesting). Bare in mind it has to be beyond A Level.
JayAyy
Mine was basically economics based, but I made it specifically on taxation.

My advice is to pick a certain topic you like in Chemistry (or something that looks interesting). Bare in mind it has to be beyond A Level.

What? The topic that you choose to do the project on? Or you mean, if I were to do it on a Chemistry topic?

(Sorry, I do ask a lot of questions.)
Reply 392
SunnyShine
What? The topic that you choose to do the project on? Or you mean, if I were to do it on a Chemistry topic?

(Sorry, I do ask a lot of questions.)

I think I read your first post wrong, sorry lol:o:
JayAyy
I think I read your first post wrong, sorry lol:o:

?

Did you think that when I said "take it as well as Chemistry" that I meant taking it on the topic of Chemistry?

Don't worry. I'm still trying to get ideas for the my topic if I were to try the EPQ, anyway.
Reply 394
SunnyShine
?

Did you think that when I said "take it as well as Chemistry" that I meant taking it on the topic of Chemistry?

Don't worry. I'm still trying to get ideas for the my topic if I were to try the EPQ, anyway.

Yup, that's what I thought you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
JayAyy
Yup, that's what I thought you meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's okay.
Reply 396
i got an A! i couldn't believe it since i did the whole thing in the last two days before deadline, and it was my first draft. lots of other people i know quit it right at the end, but i am so happy i continued! Yey me!!!!
OL1V3R
I submitted my EPQ (AQA) in November and am due to find out the result in January, does anyone know exactly when in January we'll find out?

We found out on Thursday, although for some reason we just have grades, not actual marks :confused:

I got an A* :biggrin:
clarinetplayer92
We found out on Thursday, although for some reason we just have grades, not actual marks

I got an A* :biggrin:

Nice one! :smile: I got an A (we all got marked down a grade) but I still got the highest in my 6th form!

What was your EPQ on?
I got an A as well! Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending