The Student Room Group

Psychology EPQ advice

Hey I'm in Year 12 currently and I know I definitely want to do an EPQ next year, but I plan on writing it over the summer this year so I don't get overwhelmed when Year 13 starts. My college doesn't really tell us much about it or anything in general and I just wanted to know how it works and how to structure it. I know I want to talk about a psychology topic and this will likely be in relation to forensic psychology or neuropsychology (e.g. if the rehabilitation of s*x offenders is possible, advancements in neuroimaging technology) and I'd just like some advice from anyone who has done an EPQ in psychology or in general and did well. How did you research? What was your approach to it? I know there's a project option as well, so if anyone knows about that I'd be grateful if you could share anything about it!
Original post by bibachu
Hey I'm in Year 12 currently and I know I definitely want to do an EPQ next year, but I plan on writing it over the summer this year so I don't get overwhelmed when Year 13 starts. My college doesn't really tell us much about it or anything in general and I just wanted to know how it works and how to structure it. I know I want to talk about a psychology topic and this will likely be in relation to forensic psychology or neuropsychology (e.g. if the rehabilitation of s*x offenders is possible, advancements in neuroimaging technology) and I'd just like some advice from anyone who has done an EPQ in psychology or in general and did well. How did you research? What was your approach to it? I know there's a project option as well, so if anyone knows about that I'd be grateful if you could share anything about it!
currently finishing my EPQ (not related to psychology though):
basically there are 3 main components of EPQ:

production log - your research, planning, writing process (incl. source analysis table etc)

essay/artefact

presentation

unfortunately I don't know much about the artefact route as I've done the essay.
its ultimately you setting out your research and debate about a particular topic within an essay and then presenting what your findings to other people.
future learn short course by the University of Bath about completing an EPQ: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success
Reply 2
Original post by erin11
currently finishing my EPQ (not related to psychology though):
basically there are 3 main components of EPQ:

production log - your research, planning, writing process (incl. source analysis table etc)

essay/artefact

presentation

unfortunately I don't know much about the artefact route as I've done the essay.
its ultimately you setting out your research and debate about a particular topic within an essay and then presenting what your findings to other people.
future learn short course by the University of Bath about completing an EPQ: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/epq-success
Thank you so much! Out of interest, what did you do your EPQ on?
Original post by bibachu
Thank you so much! Out of interest, what did you do your EPQ on?
my EPQ is about the impact of government policy on language education on britain :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending