The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
meh, the corse i'm doing at the university i nearly put as my firm choice is in extra, so im ping it will be in clearing and they woul let me in with lower grades
Do an intensive Philosophy A-Level for a year, along side that have two part-time jobs, as i'll be classed as a full time student i'll get EMA with my payed jobs, and discount benefits

good times
Reply 42
affinity89
Yay! I am not the only one who feels like that. I was starting to think I was really odd lol.

A blessing in disguise if you ask me:rolleyes:
Reply 43
Well I've picked my firm and insurance so that either way I'm going to uni. Just depends if it's the first choice or the second choice. :P
Reply 44
.John.
How do you find out if your course is in extra?

go on to UCAS, go into apply, the one wit the grey 'x' next to them are in extra.
Luckily for me no one wants to do Enlish literature and philosophy at Liverpool uni...
Reply 45
Let mr Jack Daniel take care of me for the rest of my life.
Reply 46
.John.
How do you find out if your course is in extra?

Sorry, Idiot here... What does "in extra" mean?
Reply 47
footy99
Well I've picked my firm and insurance so that either way I'm going to uni. Just depends if it's the first choice or the second choice. :P

Good choice of firm!

Are you from down those ends or... Just a fan?
Reply 48
if i dont get in... it will be the end of my life. seriously. no joke.
Reply 49
cloop
Sorry, Idiot here... What does "in extra" mean?

http://www.ucas.com/students/afteryouapply/extra
Reply 50
cloop
Good choice of firm!

Are you from down those ends or... Just a fan?

Born in Kent but living in South Africa for the moment so doesn't matter where I go cos it'll all be new to me anyway. Still, rather be in the south where it's somewhat warm than in the north where it's cold all the time. :p:
i actually have no back up plan. i only have a firm and that one is with my lowest graded offer as well. so if i dont get that then....well....i actually will shrivel up and die. i really cant imagine not going to central this october. everything is sorted......
i just need the grades....why are you making us panic and think of back up plans?!

everybody- it will be FINE. you will get into the uni u want to this year!!!!
Reply 52

Thankyou!
So, does that mean the liklihood of your subject being in clearing is greater if it's "in extra". And if that's the case, would it mean that you would more likely be accepted even if you hadn't met the grade requirements?

(Sorry about all the questions)
Reply 53
cloop
Thankyou!
So, does that mean the liklihood of your subject being in clearing is greater if it's "in extra". And if that's the case, would it mean that you would more likely be accepted even if you hadn't met the grade requirements?

(Sorry about all the questions)

yes and yes :biggrin:

but mine isnt on extra :frown:
Reply 54
Work at tesco for the rest of my life >_>
Become an alchoholic
Reply 56
.John.
yes and yes :biggrin:

but mine isnt on extra :frown:

Oh gosh both of mine are!
I'm very excited!

Thankyou John, whoever you are - I love you!
Reply 57
cloop
Oh gosh both of mine are!
I'm very excited!

Thankyou John, whoever you are - I love you!

i see ur going southampton! me too (if i get the grades)! for civil engineering, what u gonna study?
Reply 58
Freelance hitman.
Reply 59
.John.
i see ur going southampton! me too (if i get the grades)! for civil engineering, what u gonna study?

French and Film studies (haha what a sadact)

A good friend of mine has just finished his first year at Soton, doing civil engineering... His name is John too! It seems so hard!!

Latest