The Student Room Group

Work experience year 10

Hi, I have my year 10 work experience coming up and I'm working at a pharmacy near me. My work experience is from school so they gave us letters for what to wear and what not to wear.
I can't think on anything that is suitable.
They said :
A neat clean appearance is essential, no jeans legging jeggings hoodie or trainers. Comfortable black shoes.

SO I'm just super duper confused on what to wear I was planning on flares but that seems too casual in my opinion.

Thankss
Reply 1
Original post by doughnutsareslay
Hi, I have my year 10 work experience coming up and I'm working at a pharmacy near me. My work experience is from school so they gave us letters for what to wear and what not to wear.
I can't think on anything that is suitable.
They said :
A neat clean appearance is essential, no jeans legging jeggings hoodie or trainers. Comfortable black shoes.

SO I'm just super duper confused on what to wear I was planning on flares but that seems too casual in my opinion.

Thankss

I think they want smart casual wear? I'm not too sure though. You're lucky that your school are helping you with work experience:smile:
Reply 2
Personally I love the idea that your school is helping with work experience (assuming you're wanting to go into a medical/pharmacology-related field). However, make sure that you are WELL aware of your age, your maturity and what you say. Even as someone who did work experience after my iGCSEs, looking back, there were many things I said that I would have considered as fairly inappropriate, looking back on it now. It wasn't until the summer before my application before I started to realize the things I should be saying/doing. In a nutshell, make sure that you always -

a) Ask for permission before doing anything, it can get annoying but it's better than getting something wrong
b) Think before you talk. Too cliche but very important so you don't **** off patients or people buying supplies
c) Prepare before you start. Understand your responsibilities and what you might need to know. Not asking you to study the pharmacy course, but just know in general what kind of things treat what kind of conditions in general

In terms of clothing, I would opt for a "smart" look, an ironed dress shirt, sleeves rolled up as well as suit trousers and optional black shoes.
Original post by Ionomer
Personally I love the idea that your school is helping with work experience (assuming you're wanting to go into a medical/pharmacology-related field). However, make sure that you are WELL aware of your age, your maturity and what you say. Even as someone who did work experience after my iGCSEs, looking back, there were many things I said that I would have considered as fairly inappropriate, looking back on it now. It wasn't until the summer before my application before I started to realize the things I should be saying/doing. In a nutshell, make sure that you always -

a) Ask for permission before doing anything, it can get annoying but it's better than getting something wrong
b) Think before you talk. Too cliche but very important so you don't **** off patients or people buying supplies
c) Prepare before you start. Understand your responsibilities and what you might need to know. Not asking you to study the pharmacy course, but just know in general what kind of things treat what kind of conditions in general

In terms of clothing, I would opt for a "smart" look, an ironed dress shirt, sleeves rolled up as well as suit trousers and optional black shoes.

Thanks so much haha my work experience is actually at my family friends pharmacy! Ill be sure to not say too much stuff i don;t know about and ask for permission! :smile: Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending