The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What did everyone put for the discs in the spine?
help absorb shock and allow articulation of the spine.
Reply 62
I said it's a shock absorber and connects two vertebrae.
Reply 63
****ing hard paper...
Reply 64
i thought it wasn't too bad compared with past papers

i seem to always think that though...
Reply 65
Completey misread the % question...got 89%

Stem cell i meesed up
Alzeimers messed up a bit
antler i messed up
The diameter of the eye I COMPLETELY messed up...went on about sypathetic and radial contracting, when the answer is completely the opposite...

The colon question with how does the bacteria stimulate the release of ions...WTF?????

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :mad: ....there goes my B in biology
Reply 66
I put Y because the dorsal root in sensory neurones to the spine and thats the driection were most of the body is hahaha.
Reply 67
I said Y since it was closer to the aorta and sensory neurones from the aorta must be going into the back. No clue how people know about shark fins, how random.
hated first question didnt like the counting the teeth things except for that rest was good!

I said for that calcium one for antler, that

The osteocytes in ribs releases the calcium phosphate which has been deposited by collagens and they are transported easily as they are water soluble and inorganic, and as there are masses of them flowing to the head part, there will be rapid growth.
Reply 69
nexttime
i put it as x (on the outside) because that is where a fish's dorsal fins are...

that was exactly my logic on working out that question haha
I said Y because of the aorta as well, but to be honest I had no idea what I was on about. Seany I had no idea what the bacteria stimulating the release of ions question meant either, think I left it blank in the end!
what did u guys put for that in colon there is a natural bacteria and it attacks blah blah blah and how does it stimlated the immune system thing

i put the baterial cell attatches to the receptors of the cell in colon, which activates the immune sstem to produce white blood cell. not much to write
..NT..
that was exactly my logic on working out that question haha

Same!!

Well, but with dolphins :smile:
uksangho2000
what did u guys put for that in colon there is a natural bacteria and it attacks blah blah blah and how does it stimlated the immune system thing

i put the baterial cell attatches to the receptors of the cell in colon, which activates the immune sstem to produce white blood cell. not much to write

I went into alot of detail about clonal expansion, ect!! :mad:
Reply 74
seany_1214

The colon question with how does the bacteria stimulate the release of ions...WTF?????

I put about stuff from Human health, about them diffusing into the blood, and their antigens being sensed as foreign and antibodies being released, and histamine being released with them.
For the question about the rats in the cages, what did people put down for how they would control the experiment (cant remember the wording)?
Reply 76
I said the bacteria have antigens which are recognised as foreign by white blood cells. T cells will bring about the immune response. Some antibodies may be formed (which is probably wrong but they can't knock OFF marks for it) and macrophages will digest the bacteria by endocytosis.

I couldn't actually remember how the immune response works, I know stuff like T helper + killer and B cells are involved, but not sure how. And now I don't need to either, ha!
Reply 77
THANKS OCR..I LOVE YOU!...i just cant do genetics to save my life thats the only bit i didnt do...for the intervertrebral dics i said shoch absorbers and privide flexibility to vertrebral colum
Reply 78
The control experiment would be Putting a different rat into a box with a lever where no reward was given for pressing. This is so they could compare the number of accidental pressings by that mouse with the results they got in the test.
Reply 79
control was the removal of reinforcer so next part was rat reduces the number of times it taps on the lever

Latest

Trending

Trending