The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach application May/June 2023 West Yorkshire

Hi. Has anyone applied and heard back from their SJT yet. I applied on the 25th May and still not heard back yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not related to the question, but through personal experience I wouldn’t recommend anyone moving to DWP, especially as a work-coach…… one of the most under appreciated jobs going, considering how much stress they are under.
Reply 2
Original post by markylad
Not related to the question, but through personal experience I wouldn’t recommend anyone moving to DWP, especially as a work-coach…… one of the most under appreciated jobs going, considering how much stress they are under.

My friend works there and loves it.
Reply 3
Original post by Carrielko76
My friend works there and loves it.

She must have a very high resilience then.
Reply 4
Hi. Has anyone applied and heard back from their SJT yet. I applied on the 25th May and still not heard back yet.

I’ve applied for 2 locations, heard back about 1 SJT same day but not the other
one yet.
Reply 5
Original post by DO BJ
I’ve applied for 2 locations, heard back about 1 SJT same day but not the other
one yet.

Which one have you heard back from?
Reply 6
Which one have you heard back from?

Apologies, just seen that it’s West Yorkshire you’ve applied for. I’ve applied for Leicestershire and heard back but not from Warwickshire.
Reply 7
How did you do on the one you heard back from?
Reply 8
How did you do on the one you heard back from?

Passed that one. Just waiting to see if I get an invite to interview. Not sure whether to tempt fate and start preparing or not! I know someone who does the work coach role and has said perhaps my score is boderline for the one I’m still waiting for but who knows 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 9
Original post by DO BJ
Passed that one. Just waiting to see if I get an invite to interview. Not sure whether to tempt fate and start preparing or not! I know someone who does the work coach role and has said perhaps my score is boderline for the one I’m still waiting for but who knows 🤷🏻*♀️

well I got to question 19 but did get chance to answer question 20 so not sure if that’s an instant fail because I didn’t complete iu
Reply 10
Original post by DO BJ

Can I ask what you scored on the SJT? I scored 349.00 , I’m hoping to get an interview, but assuming that will be based on written submission.

It’s in the black country region.
Reply 11
Original post by Kamran352
Can I ask what you scored on the SJT? I scored 349.00 , I’m hoping to get an interview, but assuming that will be based on written submission.

It’s in the black country region.

Hi I scored 362. Just have to hope my statement is good enough to secure an interview. Not heard anything yet 😩
Reply 12
Original post by DO BJ
Hi I scored 362. Just have to hope my statement is good enough to secure an interview. Not heard anything yet 😩

In exactly the same boat as you, I also applied for the bham/Solihull roles too, awaiting on the outcome of the SJT on that one. Best of luck!!
Reply 13
I’ve applied for 3 roles, still waiting for the SJT for one of them aswell. Hope we hear soon either way. Good luck!!
Reply 14
Anyone had any updates?
Original post by Kamran352
Anyone had any updates?

In the same boat myself.

Applied 18th June, received an email on the 19th for the SJT (which was completed the same day), a further email on the 20th saying ‘Thank you for completing your Situational Judgement Test. We are delighted to inform you that having carefully reviewed your responses, we will be taking your application to the next stage’, I scored 327 (whatever that means). Heard nothing since. Applications close on Monday 26th so am hoping I’ll hear back then.

Would really like this job too as it’s the sort of field I am already in (non Civil Service).

Please do keep in touch with how you get on plus any updates you have, it’d be useful to me and I will share too. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 16
I didn’t get to interview stage. My personal statement wasn’t strong enough. It was 3 weeks in total. 2 week update after SJT and the a week later got the decline of interview but I scored a 3 in sifting and you need a 4
I didn’t get to interview stage. My personal statement wasn’t strong enough. It was 3 weeks in total. 2 week update after SJT and the a week later got the decline of interview but I scored a 3 in sifting and you need a 4

I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope things look up for you the next time around (should you still wish to apply by then)!
Reply 18
I will keep you updated I have 2 applications for work coach in the West Midlands (different areas) and I’ve also applied for roles with Acas. In my experience you can’t rely on one and have to keep the options open. You certainly have to be patient with the civil service in my experience. Please do keep me updated too.
Original post by Wanderingmind2
In the same boat myself.

Applied 18th June, received an email on the 19th for the SJT (which was completed the same day), a further email on the 20th saying ‘Thank you for completing your Situational Judgement Test. We are delighted to inform you that having carefully reviewed your responses, we will be taking your application to the next stage’, I scored 327 (whatever that means). Heard nothing since. Applications close on Monday 26th so am hoping I’ll hear back then.

Would really like this job too as it’s the sort of field I am already in (non Civil Service).

Please do keep in touch with how you get on plus any updates you have, it’d be useful to me and I will share too. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 19

Sorry to hear about that, I’ve had a few rejections for home office posts both at interview and application stages this year, keep going and keep tweaking your answers! You’ll get there in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending