The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

W00t!!

That deltaG in KJ guys, it was 24500J i've been informed
Reply 21
lol module 5 was good..besides that methanol question..and i got K..and it worked out well when i calculated the mr..lol..weird...module..6 i got a string of A's..lol..damn!..seems like they were B's all along then!
Reply 22
Pepe Le Poosh
I got 29g for methanol

Bugger. Oh well I'll get some marks, its one little mistake in a big question.

Oh well, its the last modules, they're not supposed to be easy.
Preasure
Bugger. Oh well I'll get some marks, its one little mistake in a big question.

Oh well, its the last modules, they're not supposed to be easy.

did u have to divide it by 2? cuz it sed 50% heat losss?
Times by 2, if half the heat is loss you need twice as much CH3OH to produce the same amount of heat
Pepe Le Poosh
Times by 2, if half the heat is loss you need twice as much CH3OH to produce the same amount of heat

r u sure
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 26
makaveliasim
r u sure
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah, he's defintely right.
There was a massive pile up in Newbury, I only just got to school at 9:25, having abandoned the car and cycled 2 miles in 10 minutes to get there. Just 5 minutes from being disqualified from 30% of my A Level! Nightmare!

The papers were all right, though. I got some very wrong looking DeltaGs.
Reply 28
you just happened to have a bike in the back of your car...that was lucky!
Nah, we drove home and got the bikes.
Reply 30
Can someone tell me how do you do that Na/K MnO4 question? I guessed Na at the end. Are you supposed to times the moles by the Mr of NaMnO4 and KaMnO4 and then find out which mass is closer to 1.00g? (coz i got 0.99g for NaMnO4 at the end so i assume this is the answer)

Thanks!!
well there is 0.1g of compoud in 25cm3

0.1/mr of each and the one for Na matched the moles of MnO4- in the previous part hence Na
Reply 32
I think the Mr was around 142.4, so when you took away Mn and the 4 Oxygens, it left around 23

Latest