The Student Room Group

My nose piercing closed up and I’m upset about it

Hi so I got my nose pierced about a month ago, and I really loved it. It’s the first piercing I’ve ever gotten. But now that I’ve started college I had to take it out while we were doing practical work. We work with animals so it’s understandable. I didn’t expect the hole to close in the space of about 7 hours, but it did. I even tried to force it through, which I know is a bad idea and I didn’t go through with it, but I’m just upset about the hole closing up honestly ): It gave me a lot of confidence, and now that it’s gone I hate how my nose looks and the scar it’s going to leave behind. It’s pointless forcing it in, or getting it pierced again because I have practical classes weekly and would have to take it out and the hole would close again. Can anyone else relate to how I’m feeling right now? I feel stupid for being so bothered about some piercing.
Hi!

It’s understandable that you’re upset about your nose piercing. The scar shouldn’t be that obvious. You can’t tell that I have a scar unless I tell someone then they’ll find it if they actually look for it. Can you put a tiny plaster over it for all the practicals rather than take it out? I should imagine it’ll only be for a while until you can take it out without it closing up in such a short space of time.

I would love to get my nose pierced again but I kept pulling mine out by accident so got infected a lot and can’t whilst working in a dental practice.
I also currently crying about my nose piercing I had to take it out because it was really infected and it would hurt when I touched it
Reply 3
I took my nose piercing out after 10 months of it healing to change it and it closed up right before i could put a new one in. Im crying about it right now 😭 i feel your pain

Quick Reply

Latest