The Student Room Group

Criminology Placement Year

I'm currently in my second year studying a criminology degree and hoping to do a placement year in the upcoming academic year, but I'm really struggling to find anything criminology related.

A lot of legal placements require you to be studying a law degree, so I wouldn't get in with crim, and I really want to do something within the civil service, or prison services or something along those lines, but I have no idea where to look!

Has anyone doing criminology done a placement year with a certain company or can point me in the right direction of where to look? I've tried looking on prospects and rate my placement, but they have practically nothing for law enforcement :frown:(((
Original post by bp_9991
I'm currently in my second year studying a criminology degree and hoping to do a placement year in the upcoming academic year, but I'm really struggling to find anything criminology related.

A lot of legal placements require you to be studying a law degree, so I wouldn't get in with crim, and I really want to do something within the civil service, or prison services or something along those lines, but I have no idea where to look!

Has anyone doing criminology done a placement year with a certain company or can point me in the right direction of where to look? I've tried looking on prospects and rate my placement, but they have practically nothing for law enforcement :frown:(((

Have you tried asking colleges that offer prisoner education services? They might be able to point you in the right direction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending