The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
You're looking at nearly £4000 for a year's accommodation, plus £50-£100 spending money per week too if you want to have a good time (lunch, travel, going out, drinking...).
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
dazmanultra
You're looking at nearly £4000 for a year's accommodation, plus £50-£100 spending money per week too if you want to have a good time (lunch, travel, going out, drinking...).

so say one gets a student loan.. and to pay for all the stuff to 'have a good time' would it be easy to get a part time job? or is it very hard?
Reply 3
dazmanultra

Well, you can get accommodation for £2800
Reply 4
:eek: ....what about for other unis, outside london?
Reply 5
rt6
How expensive is it to go to KCL? Im sure its the same with all london unis, but whats the average cost compared to something away from the city? Is it significantly higher, or should it not be a key factor when deciding?

I started at kcl this term, and haven't found living in london to be any more expensive than my friends have found living in other big cities. Before i came when i told people id be going to uni in london, i got so fed up of them tutting and saying 'but its so expensive'.It just depends what you choose to do!I dont exactly watch what I spend and my loan has done nicely.Drinks are more expensive, but ive found a club in covent garden where all drinks are £1, so it all balances out really!Plus there all the touristy things to do here that are free..while people at uni in another city are restricted to getting drunk or going to the cinema we can spend the day celeb spotting in the most famous locations in the uk...lol...only an idea.Accomodation prices are slightly higher though..something to consider. :smile: Great uni though, having the time of my life!!
gem_haha
but ive found a club in covent garden where all drinks are £1

What is the club called?? My dad lives really near covent garden and it will be good to be able to go somewhere cheap when i visit him.

Latest