The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL vs UCL for Politics

I have offers from both KCL and UCL to study Politics. UCL has the better global rankings but KCL has the better Politics department (from what I've seen in League Tables), and I have no idea which one to firm. Does anyone have any advice on which to pick? Are they that different (i.e. should I just pick the one whose campus/vibe I liked better)? And do graduates from both courses have good career prospects?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, I got an offer from UCL and KCL too. I can easily understand what you feel if you can’t make a choice just choose the one you love the most, your favorite vibes or campus
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have offers from both KCL and UCL to study Politics. UCL has the better global rankings but KCL has the better Politics department (from what I've seen in League Tables), and I have no idea which one to firm. Does anyone have any advice on which to pick? Are they that different (i.e. should I just pick the one whose campus/vibe I liked better)? And do graduates from both courses have good career prospects?

Is that UCL Politics and International Relations? Or PPE? Or Economics, Politics, History??
What were your grades if you don't mind me asking. Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Kei.rdl
Hey, I got an offer from UCL and KCL too. I can easily understand what you feel if you can’t make a choice just choose the one you love the most, your favorite vibes or campus

Okay ty :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MarkJewson
Is that UCL Politics and International Relations? Or PPE? Or Economics, Politics, History??
What were your grades if you don't mind me asking. Thanks :smile:

Hey, at UCL it was Pol&IR with A*A*A (+ A* in EPQ). Hope that helps 🙂
Original post by Anonymous #1

Original post by Anonymous

i would say UCL for the international standing and slighty more employability but if you prefer the course/campus at KCL then dont let it stop you!
Reply 7
I got the same thing, UCL and Kings for IR and I can't decide
I've heard good and bad things about both, some people say Kings student life is better, but some others say its way worse, theyre all from different departments though.
I think both campuses have a very different feel, but you have to be ready for the london life.
Im doing the IB, and the course point totals aren't so bad for either of them, but UCL has a higher requirement than Kings, which says something.

I am going to try to get into contact with some Kings and UCL current students for IR to see what they say.
If anyone has advice on finding people willing to talk about their course let me know, since I've been getting 0 responses on the universities UniBuddy function.

what was ur KcL course name? :smile:
When did you guys get your offers and are you home or international students???

Home and early March

Im international and got an offer in feburary and the rest throughout march

Quick Reply

Latest