The Student Room Group

What online resources can I use to guarantee I get an A in A-Level AQA Physics?

Hello everyone, I currently attend a very unsatisfactory college but I want to get an A minimum for A-Level Physics. What are the best online resources for AQA A-Level Physics to get an A (I don't mind if it is free or paid, it just matters if it is the best of the best).
Any help or advice would be amazing!
For me personally what helped me get an A* in Physics there were two parts.
1. Understand the concept to an adept level
2. Master communicating this with the examiner to maximise marks.
For the first part personally for me were a tonne of Physics videos on Youtube and reading from multiple textbooks. Some of the channels I reccomend are Science shorts, Brightstorm and Physics online. Any good textbook or online notes will do. (Be careful not to stray too far from your spec, I always had the spec open to refer) As when you read multiple explanations of the same concept then you will understand more.
For the second part which I thought were very important were examiner reports. They're quite invaluable when using alongside mark scheme after you have done a past paper under exam conditions. Take notes from these and not to repeat the same mistakes as other candidates do frequently. Take all the important key phrases and words down. The questions can be very hard and daunting but at the end of the day the answers will come from the same concepts and you just have to convey it appropriately. For calculation questions as you wont have enough from just AQA, use from other spec or outdated spec that have the same type of questions.
Quite a rushed reply but let me know if you have more questions.
Reply 2
Original post by MuktharianWorld
For me personally what helped me get an A* in Physics there were two parts.
1. Understand the concept to an adept level
2. Master communicating this with the examiner to maximise marks.
For the first part personally for me were a tonne of Physics videos on Youtube and reading from multiple textbooks. Some of the channels I reccomend are Science shorts, Brightstorm and Physics online. Any good textbook or online notes will do. (Be careful not to stray too far from your spec, I always had the spec open to refer) As when you read multiple explanations of the same concept then you will understand more.
For the second part which I thought were very important were examiner reports. They're quite invaluable when using alongside mark scheme after you have done a past paper under exam conditions. Take notes from these and not to repeat the same mistakes as other candidates do frequently. Take all the important key phrases and words down. The questions can be very hard and daunting but at the end of the day the answers will come from the same concepts and you just have to convey it appropriately. For calculation questions as you wont have enough from just AQA, use from other spec or outdated spec that have the same type of questions.
Quite a rushed reply but let me know if you have more questions.

Wow an A* in Physics is really something to be proud of! Congrats!
Thank you so much for your response!! Really helpful! I have one more question though, do you know any good websites for topic questions? Past papers are great and all but when I don't feel confident in a specific topic its a bit hard to find questions specifically for a topic. Any help is appreciated :smile:
Yes this is a dilemma I faced as well and I did spend quite a while trying to find good resources for questions.
For online I remember downloading this IB question bank application for Physics where you can get topical questions.
I also remember distinctly doing a lot of practice questions on this book I borrowed from the library called Practice in Physics by Tim Akrill. It was quite good as they had a lot of really nice questions but I think not all of the questions nor the qualitative ones have solutions (you can search up an explanation). I used the book as more of a resource to train my mind to deal with new kinds of questions constantly.
Theres also the A-level Physics by Roger Muncaster but its largely just quantitative questions but I used it for the precise explanations given in the book.
I cant think of much online I'm afraid.
There are several online resources that you can use to guarantee you get an A in A-Level AQA Physics. Here are some of the best ones:

1. Seneca Learning - This is a free online learning platform that covers all the topics in AQA A-Level Physics. It provides interactive resources, quizzes, and exam questions to help you learn and revise.

2. Isaac Physics - This is a free online resource that offers practice questions, quizzes, and explanations of concepts in A-Level Physics. It is designed to help students improve their problem-solving skills.

3. Physics and Maths Tutor - This is a free online resource that provides past papers, mark schemes, and revision notes for A-Level Physics. It also has a forum where you can ask questions

Quick Reply

Latest