The Student Room Group

GCSE Physics Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the GCSE Physics Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications and Advance Information:

AQA Spec //

Edexcel Spec //

OCR A Spec //

OCR B Spec //

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:

https://senecalearning.com/en-GB/
Cognito
Hi!
Original post by magicauras
Hi!

Welcome :smile: How are you?
Hi, I'm Hannah and I'm taking Edexcel Combined Science (Higher). I can't stand physics or anything to do with it - it just makes no sense. I like senecalearning and past papers to help me revise :smile:
Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06
Hi, I'm Hannah and I'm taking Edexcel Combined Science (Higher). I can't stand physics or anything to do with it - it just makes no sense. I like senecalearning and past papers to help me revise :smile:

I will add Seneca Learning into the recommended resources, welcome :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
I will add Seneca Learning into the recommended resources, welcome :smile:

hey!! i would also recommend cognito, its like seneca but it also comes with LOADS of exam papers and stuff (:

also just wondering if anyone else here wants to do physics a-levels after gcses

have a great day!! (:
Welcome to the GCSE Physics Study Group!

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your GCSE exams this summer.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications and Advance Information:

AQA Spec // AQA Advance Information

Edexcel Spec // Edexcel Advance Information

OCR A Spec // OCR A Advance Information

OCR B Spec // OCR B Advance Information

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this!

It may be worth marking the advance info as old/2022 and maybe link something like
https://www.aqa.org.uk/news/the-department-for-education-dfe-and-ofqual-confirm-the-plans-for-summer-2023
or
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/proposed-changes-to-the-assessment-of-mathematics-physics-and-combined-science-gcses-in-2023/outcome/assessment-of-mathematics-physics-and-combined-science-gcses-in-2023-consultation-decisions
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
not at gcse level anymore, but just wanted to hop in and suggest cognito for the resources list :smile:
Original post by zeasea
not at gcse level anymore, but just wanted to hop in and suggest cognito for the resources list :smile:

Thanks so much for the suggestion, will add it to the list! What makes it worth recommending?
Thanks so much for the suggestion, will add it to the list! What makes it worth recommending?

i used it heavily during my gcse's because you can sort things by which specific topic you want to revise, which was really helpful. while the quiz feature is now behind a paywall, you can still freely access past paper questions by sorted by topic, which i think makes it still worth using.
disclaimer: i wouldn't say that paying for the pro version is worth it. there is nothing behind the paywall that you can't find for free elsewhere or make your own version of.
Original post by miss.ghost
hey!! i would also recommend cognito, its like seneca but it also comes with LOADS of exam papers and stuff (:

also just wondering if anyone else here wants to do physics a-levels after gcses

have a great day!! (:

I wanna do physics a level! kinda dreading it tho icl
Original post by _elliot
I wanna do physics a level! kinda dreading it tho icl

hopefully it’ll be worth it…
Hi,
I have got a high 9 in GCSE Physics. I would recommend doing plenty of Isaac Physics practice questions (to solidify your knowledge) and then do Challenge 1-3 questions to test how well you understand the topic.
Chicken
Reply 16
Original post by miss.ghost

have a great day!! (:

hi!! i agree, cognito is great

im def interested in physics a level, wbu?
Original post by h4fsah
hi!! i agree, cognito is great

im def interested in physics a level, wbu?

definitely physics, maths further maths and maybe french (i might just drop it eventually)
wht other a levels are you thinking abt??
If anyone needs help for understanding any topic in the physics GCSE dm me
Original post by myshāāāā
If anyone needs help for understanding any topic in the physics GCSE dm me

I can't send a DM yet but i desperately need help, I haven't got a physic teacher atm and I want at least a 7 in my exam!!

Quick Reply

Latest