The Student Room Group

Charles University entrance exam Feb 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Okay so I'll just send that in then, thank you! I just turned 18 too yay I fellow 02-liner : ) I don't know I checked their websites and I think third Faculty admits 60 people I think? First Faculty and HK admit more than a hundred and second Faculty admits 90. Yeah I hope so too! Did you apply anywhere else?
Oh no, that worrys me a bit. No not yet, for each czech uni you have to pay a separate fee for the entrance exam so I thought it'd be best to apply to one to save money and if I don't get in I'll still be able to apply to the others because they all contain the same content and have the deadline of end of april so i should be okay.
Do you want to exchange emails so I can contact you on social media as its much easier and it'd be nice to have a friend through this entire crazy experience. Who knows, we may both end up in Prague next year :smile:.
Reply 23
Original post by Maryyam Moazzam
Do you want to exchange emails so I can contact you on social media as its much easier and it'd be nice to have a friend through this entire crazy experience. Who knows, we may both end up in Prague next year :smile:.

Yes please you took the words right out of my mouth. I think you can send private messages. Think they are called pm? (Sorry I haven't used the studentroom a lot)
I have no idea how to use it either, only just started a couple of months ago. My email is [email protected] ,send me your snapchat or instagram username (if thats okay).
Reply 25
I have no idea how to use it either, only just started a couple of months ago. My email is [email protected] ,send me your snapchat or instagram username (if thats okay).

I sent you an email with my snapchat username!
Hello there, I am also a student from the UK applying to study medicine at Charles University via Medical doorway
Original post by coolio04
Hey everyone, I wanted to know how to prepare for the entrance exam such as which topics on concentrate on. As well as what the university accommodation is like. Thanks!

James Charles uni???
What’s the percentage in entrance exam needed for admission to Charles HK medicine?
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
What’s the percentage in entrance exam needed for admission to Charles HK medicine?

I don't know about HK but I'd say around 70% like the rest
Original post by Yuvraj_Ranawat
Hello there, I am also a student from the UK applying to study medicine at Charles University via Medical doorway

Hi! Which faculty are you applying for?
Hi! Which faculty are you applying for?

I have applied to all of the faculties.

What about you?
Original post by Yuvraj_Ranawat
I have applied to all of the faculties.

What about you?

Did anyone do the interview for first faculty? What kind of Q’s do they ask? If they ask any science related question is it hard?
I had interviews only last week for 1st faculty and HK, usually they ask some motivation questions towards medicine, introduce yourself and 2 questions each from Bio, Phy and Chem. I think I did pretty well in the written part, so they didn't ask any questions related to the subjects, hope that helps.
I want to know that out of the three Charles Faculties, which one would be better, the First Faculty, Second or HK?

Also include Palacky and Masaryk in the comparison because I cannot decide between them.

I have received acceptances from Masaryk already, and am expecting Palacky and HK to send one soon.

Thanks in advance
Reply 35
Original post by Sarthak Modh
I want to know that out of the three Charles Faculties, which one would be better, the First Faculty, Second or HK?

Also include Palacky and Masaryk in the comparison because I cannot decide between them.

I have received acceptances from Masaryk already, and am expecting Palacky and HK to send one soon.

Thanks in advance

Depends on what you want really. Objectively speaking, first faculty is the best and is very well known. You get a lot from going there. It's also the toughest though with a high dropout rate. HK also has a high dropout rate I think but not sure. Students tend to choose the second or third Faculty as it's still in Prague and they're not as demanding as the first one.

About Palacky and Masaryk, I'd like to know myself since I'm choosing between them too. Sorry I can't help much there but congrats on your acceptances! Was the exams for Palacky and Masaryk hard? I'm taking them in July
Original post by LunShi
Depends on what you want really. Objectively speaking, first faculty is the best and is very well known. You get a lot from going there. It's also the toughest though with a high dropout rate. HK also has a high dropout rate I think but not sure. Students tend to choose the second or third Faculty as it's still in Prague and they're not as demanding as the first one.

About Palacky and Masaryk, I'd like to know myself since I'm choosing between them too. Sorry I can't help much there but congrats on your acceptances! Was the exams for Palacky and Masaryk hard? I'm taking them in July

yeahh i agree, also which one are you planning on going? the first year of first faculty charles is very hard with a very high dropout rate, it was a bit scary and disheartening finding that out.
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymous
yeahh i agree, also which one are you planning on going? the first year of first faculty charles is very hard with a very high dropout rate, it was a bit scary and disheartening finding that out.

My agency told me that the first faculty has a different way of picking their students. Basically, instead of making a super hard entrance exam, they make the first year super hard to see which students are 'best' to move on to the following years. Where are you applying?
Original post by LunShi

Yes, I am a bit worried about the dropout rate, so I will most probably choose a safer option, The entrance exams however, were not very tough, most questions were conceptual, Bio greatly consisted of cell cycle, the body systems, and less questions related to botany. Chemistry was also Bio oriented, majority of the questions came from biomolecules, organic chemistry as well as numericals from Mole Concept. Physics surprised me a little because these questions also tended to focus on Bio related questions, like there was a question asking the Vital Lung Capacity, another question asking the volume of blood in humans, classified under physics. There also are simple numericals.
I think Masaryk has one of the highest dropout rates as well. I've read reviews about it and a small portion of the students end up graduating. I think if you're into studying in Czech Republic then stick with Charles University, otherwise try looking at Hungary (I think theirs is lower). Masaryk has a very intense examination technique which causes most students to fail, and they only graduate the best (arguably to increase their reputation).

I don't know much about Palacky but their dropout rate is quite high too. It sounds strange but I genuinely think that the 1st Faculty & HK have the lowest dropout rates (and they're not even that low lol).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending