The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

The Official Aberystwyth Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official Aberystwyth University 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Aberystwyth University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Aberystwyth.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Aberystwyth do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Aberystwyth specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

Website: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/ (English), https://www.aber.ac.uk/cy/ (Welsh)

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official Aberystwyth University 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Aberystwyth University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Aberystwyth.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Aberystwyth do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Aberystwyth specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

Website: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/ (English), https://www.aber.ac.uk/cy/ (Welsh)

I already sent my application and I'm currently waiting on offers but these questions seem interesting.

1.) I did A-level History, Economics and Chemistry in 2017.
2.) I've applied to do Accounting and Finance (3 years).
3.) I got 7A'S and 2B's at GCSE and got B in History, B in economics and C in Chemistry for my A-levels
4.) Its a bit of a boring story, basically my friend went there for university and I ended up staying at his place for the weekend back in November 2019 and again in March 2020 and I really liked the vibe of the place and I felt like it was a place that I could genuinely be happy at - high student satisfaction rates seem to confirm that. There are lots of other reasons too but since the question said specifically I'll leave it there unless anyone wants me to elaborate further.
5.) No admission tests.
6.) I didn't attend any open days as I've already been twice so I didn't feel like there was a need, though if I do get an offer I'll definitely be going for a visit day.
7.) Excited, nervous, eager, hopeful and ready to go. That said I've been out of education for 7 years so time will tell if I can readjust to academic life.
8.) Honestly no, I filled out the other choices because it was naturally the sensible thing to do though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a clear favourite.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Thinking about getting a Masters here.. would my glorious Third Class LLB suffice?
Original post by __Orangutan__
I already sent my application and I'm currently waiting on offers but these questions seem interesting.

1.) I did A-level History, Economics and Chemistry in 2017.
2.) I've applied to do Accounting and Finance (3 years).
3.) I got 7A'S and 2B's at GCSE and got B in History, B in economics and C in Chemistry for my A-levels
4.) Its a bit of a boring story, basically my friend went there for university and I ended up staying at his place for the weekend back in November 2019 and again in March 2020 and I really liked the vibe of the place and I felt like it was a place that I could genuinely be happy at - high student satisfaction rates seem to confirm that. There are lots of other reasons too but since the question said specifically I'll leave it there unless anyone wants me to elaborate further.
5.) No admission tests.
6.) I didn't attend any open days as I've already been twice so I didn't feel like there was a need, though if I do get an offer I'll definitely be going for a visit day.
7.) Excited, nervous, eager, hopeful and ready to go. That said I've been out of education for 7 years so time will tell if I can readjust to academic life.
8.) Honestly no, I filled out the other choices because it was naturally the sensible thing to do though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a clear favourite.

I've been given an unconditional offer, I plan on accepting it as my firm choice though for the time being I can't since I still have to wait for the other universities I've applied for to give me a response. That said, as far as I'm aware I don't think it makes a difference when I accept the offer as long as its before the deadline.
Reply 4
I accepted my conditional offer but I’m just waiting to confirm that it’s been accepted, I’m applying for my masters as an international student. So tips and advice are much appreciated!💛
Reply 5
1) Currently doing Biology, Psychology, and Geography. I'm predicted AAC (but I'm not sure I'll get that lol).
2) Applying for Geography (BSc) because I'm fairly good at geography and love it a lot.
4) I chose Aber as I needed a safe choice but honestly I loved the atmosphere when I went down their for an open day. The teachers were so enthusiastic compared to other unis I've visited and really liked their own subject. Being Welsh myself means that Aber feels a lot more like home than going to England (even though I'm right on the border & go to England just to grocery shop sometimes). Also loved the societies.
5) I'm hoping to do the entrance exam this Friday (wish me luck!).
6) I'm going to the offer holder day next month.
I got an offer for mental health nursing, feel free to contact me if you're also planning on doing nursing! :smile:
Original post by WoahWoah123
I got an offer for mental health nursing, feel free to contact me if you're also planning on doing nursing! :smile:
Hey, congratulations! I had my interview for adult nursing but haven't gotten an offer yet. When did you have your interview?
Reply 8
Original post by reyhanaa
1) Currently doing Biology, Psychology, and Geography. I'm predicted AAC (but I'm not sure I'll get that lol).
2) Applying for Geography (BSc) because I'm fairly good at geography and love it a lot.
4) I chose Aber as I needed a safe choice but honestly I loved the atmosphere when I went down their for an open day. The teachers were so enthusiastic compared to other unis I've visited and really liked their own subject. Being Welsh myself means that Aber feels a lot more like home than going to England (even though I'm right on the border & go to England just to grocery shop sometimes). Also loved the societies.
hope the entrance exams went well [or felt like they did lmao]! nervously waiting for results now- hoping it's soon
Reply 9
Original post by robin_
hope the entrance exams went well [or felt like they did lmao]! nervously waiting for results now- hoping it's soon
Hi! Went to the offer holder day today. Someone let me know that the results should be out early next week and a geog lecturer said all geog papers had been marked.

I also put this same message on the entrance exam discussion so I'm sorry if you see this twice 🙃.
Hi! Went to the offer holder day today. Someone let me know that the results should be out early next week and a geog lecturer said all geog papers had been marked.
I also put this same message on the entrance exam discussion so I'm sorry if you see this twice 🙃.
how was the offer holder day?
Reply 11
oh nice!! i was at at the offer holder day too and maths dept said their bit was marked aswell. thank you- good luck to everyone!
Original post by _Orangutan_
how was the offer holder day?
really enjoyed it! I liked the taster lecture I went to and the lecturers were super nice and actually interested in me (which I didn't find at a university like Lancaster).
Hi! I have a place for vet med 2024, contact me if you have a place too? Random question...is anyone interested in climbing?
Original post by imgoingtobeavet
Hi! I have a place for vet med 2024, contact me if you have a place too? Random question...is anyone interested in climbing?
Hi there,

Congratulations on your place here at Aberystwyth University!

We have a climbing wall in our sports centre on campus and there is also a mountaineering society that organise climbing trips in the UK and abroad each year, you can check them out here Aberystwyth Mountaineering Club (AMC) (abersu.co.uk)

Best wishes,
Laurie
Student Ambassador
really enjoyed it! I liked the taster lecture I went to and the lecturers were super nice and actually interested in me (which I didn't find at a university like Lancaster).
That's cool, I had the exact same experience. I hope you get in.
Original post by imgoingtobeavet
I've never done it before but I'd love to try!!
Original post by _Orangutan_
That's cool, I had the exact same experience. I hope you get in.
Hope you get in too!
hi!! I’ve applied for Geography (BSc with integrated year abroad) i’ve also done the entrance exam, have you heard back yet? best of luck if not!
Original post by Libbytue
hi!! I’ve applied for Geography (BSc with integrated year abroad) i’ve also done the entrance exam, have you heard back yet? best of luck if not!
Eeeeeeek exciting!!!! Nope, haven't had a response back yet but they have said the geog papers have been marked and will be emailed early this week hopefully! Good luck to you 😁🤞

Quick Reply

Latest