The Student Room Group

Charles University entrance exam Feb 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
i got accepted into first faculty, but the entrance exam for charles first faculty is known as one of the hardest, and it was pretty hard.

Yeah I just heard that they make a hard entrance exam and then make it even harder during the first year but I really don't know. In the end if you study then you will pass!
Reply 61
Original post by officialhersi
Hey guys i got my entrance exam coming up in 2 weeks in prague. Since i lived in prague for a full year doing foundation i might be able to answer most of your questions so either message me with your social (FB,insta,Whatsapp) whatever u use and i will get back to yall when I'm done with the exam

Hi! For which faculty are you doing your entrance exam?
Original post by LunShi
Hi! For which faculty are you doing your entrance exam?

All of them but most likely aiming for first fac or third fac.
Reply 63
Original post by officialhersi
All of them but most likely aiming for first fac or third fac.

Ah good luck!
It does have a high dropout rate but honestly, it's up to you when it comes to passing the exams. If you focus on your studies from day #1 then you shouldn't encounter an issue. There are so many US universities (non-medicine) that have abysmal dropout rates - but no one talks about them. If you think that you can keep up with the intensity then you're going to enjoy the other perks that come with the first faculty :smile: I personally think I probably could manage the workload but I'd rather lead a quieter, peaceful, and cheaper life in HK rather than the first faculty.

i got accepted into first faculty so im planning on going there, but theyre entrance exam is known as one of the hardest ones in europe and it was acc pretty challenging. wby?

Interestingly, I found the exam for HK more difficult than the first faculty. I heard they deliberately made it harder since it was not invigilated (so fewer people cheat I guess). HK had weirder topics that I genuinely had to think about whereas I found the first faculty exam more straightforward & I was more familiar with the content, especially when it came to chemistry. Weird.
Wow there seems to be so many acceptances from first faculty this year - congratulations to all of you :smile: if any of us end up attending the faculty then we should get contact of each other, makes life easier once we actually reach there. I've got a friend studying medicine in Hungary and she said that it's essential to find someone in the same boat as you as it will make it easier and fun as we can support each other.
Wow there seems to be so many acceptances from first faculty this year - congratulations to all of you :smile: if any of us end up attending the faculty then we should get contact of each other, makes life easier once we actually reach there. I've got a friend studying medicine in Hungary and she said that it's essential to find someone in the same boat as you as it will make it easier and fun as we can support each other.

yeahh def we should, are you going to first faculty too?
It does have a high dropout rate but honestly, it's up to you when it comes to passing the exams. If you focus on your studies from day #1 then you shouldn't encounter an issue. There are so many US universities (non-medicine) that have abysmal dropout rates - but no one talks about them. If you think that you can keep up with the intensity then you're going to enjoy the other perks that come with the first faculty :smile: I personally think I probably could manage the workload but I'd rather lead a quieter, peaceful, and cheaper life in HK rather than the first faculty.

Interestingly, I found the exam for HK more difficult than the first faculty. I heard they deliberately made it harder since it was not invigilated (so fewer people cheat I guess). HK had weirder topics that I genuinely had to think about whereas I found the first faculty exam more straightforward & I was more familiar with the content, especially when it came to chemistry. Weird.

yeahh thats true. have u gotten accepted to first faculty? did you get the official letter yet?
Hi all, my name is Deelan Vadher. I'm a current student at Masaryk University, president of our international student body and I've written a few blogs on life as a student here and common pitfalls. Happy to answer any questions you have about MU/Brno etc
yeahh thats true. have u gotten accepted to first faculty? did you get the official letter yet?

Nope haven't gotten the official letter yet, but I've heard that it takes a while
Reply 70
Original post by Darth197
Hi all, my name is Deelan Vadher. I'm a current student at Masaryk University, president of our international student body and I've written a few blogs on life as a student here and common pitfalls. Happy to answer any questions you have about MU/Brno etc

Hi! What year are you in?
Nope haven't gotten the official letter yet, but I've heard that it takes a while

oh okay, where do you live?
oh okay, where do you live?

Dubai, you?
Reply 73
hey guys next week i’m having my first exam that is palacky next masaryk and on june charles 2nd & 3rd which ever comes out haha any tips?
Reply 74
Original post by smmg28
hey guys next week i’m having my first exam that is palacky next masaryk and on june charles 2nd & 3rd which ever comes out haha any tips?

Only tip I can give is to just check out the syllabus they've put out for the entrance exams. Good luck!
Reply 75

yes.. i would love to get in contact with all of you too!
Reply 76
Original post by kcrane
yes.. i would love to get in contact with all of you too!

i live in dubai too.. cleared HK exam..
in faculty 1 interview.. i was told that i would get letter in a few days but have not received it yet..

i personally find HK to be a more convenient choice.. however, i think the fact that faculty one exams are a little harder will make me a more competent doc.. i'm still not very sure as i should be able to handle the stress at LF1.. what are your views?
Original post by kcrane
i live in dubai too.. cleared HK exam..
in faculty 1 interview.. i was told that i would get letter in a few days but have not received it yet..

i personally find HK to be a more convenient choice.. however, i think the fact that faculty one exams are a little harder will make me a more competent doc.. i'm still not very sure as i should be able to handle the stress at LF1.. what are your views?

I have similar views as yours, still kind of unsure if i'll be able to overcome the difficulties, for that reason I kind of prefer Masaryk, but otherwise, i'd go for the first faculty, and I applied through Gyanberry, they sent login details today, so we can check for updates on the official website, still awaiting first faculty results.
Reply 78
Original post by Sarthak Modh
I have similar views as yours, still kind of unsure if i'll be able to overcome the difficulties, for that reason I kind of prefer Masaryk, but otherwise, i'd go for the first faculty, and I applied through Gyanberry, they sent login details today, so we can check for updates on the official website, still awaiting first faculty results.

hi sarthak! great to hear from you.. i got into Masaryk as well. but not thinking of it as i heard that the reputation of charles is much more..
which helps in finding jobs easily.. as it is highly recognised as compared to Masaryk.. also, i spoke to a senior studying at masaryk and she told me that masaryk uni is not MCI approved yet..
Right, but I've talked to a graduate from Charles and he said the prestige is present only within the country, going outside, it doesn't make much of a difference, MCI approval is a challenge, maybe I'll go for the first faculty then, as I said, still unsure. The people I talked to did not recommend studying at HK for quite a few reasons, hit me up for a discussion, so I think that leaves the First Faculty as my main choice, still going to ponder for a few days before deciding, and the final results of the interview are yet to be updated anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest