The Student Room Group

How do y'all stop procastrinating whilst studying?

hey everyone,
I'm in first year of college and I study Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and the workload just stepped up a gear! I really struggle with maintaining focus so it takes me a lot longer to get things done😫. I tried using focus apps like forest but it really isnt helping. Can anyone offer any suggestions please and save me from the impending doom of failing my A levels next year arghhh!

Thank you
Original post by RahmaniM
hey everyone,
I'm in first year of college and I study Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and the workload just stepped up a gear! I really struggle with maintaining focus so it takes me a lot longer to get things done😫. I tried using focus apps like forest but it really isnt helping. Can anyone offer any suggestions please and save me from the impending doom of failing my A levels next year arghhh!

Thank you

lol I'm literally procrastinating right now but let's just pretend I'm not

dunno if you've ever tried this but I like to listen to lofi hiphop (you know those 'beats to relax/study/sleep to' videos) when i'm working or revising, it really helps me focus on what I'm doing

also a couple of years back I played this 'brown noise' video on youtube and surprisingly it helped me to concentrate as well, even though it was basically just static noise

you could also try using a todo list app so it like scares you into doing work? but that might make you more stressed so maybe not lol
hey everyone,

Thank you

Don’t have your phone near you when revising, try to do as much revision offline as possible
Reply 3
😊thanks a lot guys
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by army of 1
lol I'm literally procrastinating right now but let's just pretend I'm not

dunno if you've ever tried this but I like to listen to lofi hiphop (you know those 'beats to relax/study/sleep to' videos) when i'm working or revising, it really helps me focus on what I'm doing

also a couple of years back I played this 'brown noise' video on youtube and surprisingly it helped me to concentrate as well, even though it was basically just static noise

you could also try using a todo list app so it like scares you into doing work? but that might make you more stressed so maybe not lol

hey army of 1,
we are all guilty of the deed, let's be honest. lol imagine how much more productive we would be without procastrination😂. thank you for the suggestions I must give them a go....
But like I need my phone to revise, college relies sm on technology nowadays fml....

How do you need your phone to revise? All the revision I do is offline from textbooks
Reply 6
Original post by Greywolftwo
Don’t have your phone near you when revising, try to do as much revision offline as possible

But like I need my phone to revise, college relies sm on technology nowadays fml....
I do try to find alternatives, that are offline though but they are less appealing lol.
thank you for your suggestions 😊
Reply 7
Original post by Greywolftwo
How do you need your phone to revise? All the revision I do is offline from textbooks

we have this thing called moodle where all the maths questions are, they're in my folders too but i can't take like 6 folders to and from college everyday lol. also the maths textbook is just a PDF on moodle ughhh
hey army of 1,
we are all guilty of the deed, let's be honest. lol imagine how much more productive we would be without procastrination😂. thank you for the suggestions I must give them a go....

hahahah yes I know right! hopefully some of it helps you, fellow A-level student:colondollar: we can get through this! procrastination can't stop us!
Reply 9
Original post by army of 1
hahahah yes i know right! Hopefully some of it helps you, fellow a-level student:colondollar: we can get through this! Procrastination can't stop us!

yassssss, mood, we are invincible 🙌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending