The Student Room Group

The Mill school of performance Leeds

Hi y'all,
The Mill school of performance came into my college on Friday and did some workshops with us. I loved it and everything thing they told me about themselves, got me interested in them for BA acting. BUT...
Haven't found much online about this school. Wondering if anyone has studied here or knows anything about it?
Thanks in advance x
I've never hear of them and all my family are involved in music and theatre in some way including one who is a tutor in higher education.
Original post by welcometotherock
I've never hear of them and all my family are involved in music and theatre in some way including one who is a tutor in higher education.

Hi, thanks for replying. After doing more research I've found out this is a new place, with this year's graduates been the first. Saying that there are a few people that have gone into the industry either whilst studying here and paused their degree as well as others who have found work after graduation this yr.
So could be one to watch for future generations esp if it establishes itself with a good reputation and great that it's in the North.
Hey, I’ve recently just graduate from The Mill and to be completely honest with you, I wish I went to a different drama school. They promise you a lot of stuff but unfortunately they don’t follow through with it.
Another thing is once you’ve left they make no effort to see how you’re doing or to even help with your career which is another thing they stated “just because you’ve left doesn’t mean you’re not apart of the Mill” well I very much do not feel apart of the Mill😂

It costs extra and it’s just not worth it, I would definitely try to get into a more established drama school:smile:
Original post by Taurusgal99
Hey, I’ve recently just graduate from The Mill and to be completely honest with you, I wish I went to a different drama school. They promise you a lot of stuff but unfortunately they don’t follow through with it.
Another thing is once you’ve left they make no effort to see how you’re doing or to even help with your career which is another thing they stated “just because you’ve left doesn’t mean you’re not apart of the Mill” well I very much do not feel apart of the Mill😂
It costs extra and it’s just not worth it, I would definitely try to get into a more established drama school:smile:

PREACHHHH. The mill sucks fr just false promises after false promises. The leader is incompetent at his job hence why they couldn’t even run a 3rd year as most people left and nobody else applied which ofc left me with nowhere to go. From what I’ve heard it’s the same issue with the current 2nd years so I doubt there’ll be a 3rd year again. Put it like this, if you want to act and actually enjoy being an actor, don’t go to the mill literally do anything else. Least the dancers are fit tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending