The Student Room Group

Kinda dumb but who better to vent to than strangers on the internet?

So I have this friend. We've been friends since 7th grade (middle/secondary school) but during the covid pandemic, we kinda lost touch and didn't really speak anymore. A few months ago, my parents let me download instagram, and when I started following a few of my other friends from middle school that I sort of still talk to, his profile popped up and I was debating following him or not. Being me, I kinda stalked his profile a lil bit, which didn't take a long time, as he didn't have a lot of posts anyways, and I realized it was the same friend I went to school with. So one day, he sends me a message and asks if I went to (school name) and hung out with (old friend's name). I said yea and we started talking again. Like every day. We were pretty close friends when we went to school together, and now I think we're even closer. Anyways, he stopped talking to me about two weeks ago and I was getting a little worried, so I asked him if everythink was ok. He said he was fine but that he was dealing with stuff and trying to heal. But since we've started talking again we barely go more than a couple of hours without talking, so this is kind of weird. I miss him but I don't wanna seem clingy or annoying or whatever when he needs his time for himself to deal w whatever it is he's dealing with. I don't really have a question, per se, but yea. Lmk what y'all's perspectives are on this. If this was happening to you, like a friend suddenly stops talking to you, what would you do?
Original post by Anonymous
So I have this friend. We've been friends since 7th grade (middle/secondary school) but during the covid pandemic, we kinda lost touch and didn't really speak anymore. A few months ago, my parents let me download instagram, and when I started following a few of my other friends from middle school that I sort of still talk to, his profile popped up and I was debating following him or not. Being me, I kinda stalked his profile a lil bit, which didn't take a long time, as he didn't have a lot of posts anyways, and I realized it was the same friend I went to school with. So one day, he sends me a message and asks if I went to (school name) and hung out with (old friend's name). I said yea and we started talking again. Like every day. We were pretty close friends when we went to school together, and now I think we're even closer. Anyways, he stopped talking to me about two weeks ago and I was getting a little worried, so I asked him if everythink was ok. He said he was fine but that he was dealing with stuff and trying to heal. But since we've started talking again we barely go more than a couple of hours without talking, so this is kind of weird. I miss him but I don't wanna seem clingy or annoying or whatever when he needs his time for himself to deal w whatever it is he's dealing with. I don't really have a question, per se, but yea. Lmk what y'all's perspectives are on this. If this was happening to you, like a friend suddenly stops talking to you, what would you do?

I think you've correctly identified the fact that "he needs his time for himself to deal w whatever it is he's dealing with". Unless you've already done so, I'd send a message saying that if he needs any help with whatever he's dealing with, you're there for him. Then I'd leave him alone, perhaps just sending him a brief message every few weeks to let him know that you're around if he needs you.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
I think you've correctly identified the fact that "he needs his time for himself to deal w whatever it is he's dealing with". Unless you've already done so, I'd send a message saying that if he needs any help with whatever he's dealing with, you're there for him. Then I'd leave him alone, perhaps just sending him a brief message every few weeks to let him know that you're around if he needs you.

I did already send a message like that. Thanks for your response :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1

well u give him/her their time and then ether after a while go talk to them or wait for them to come to u but whatever happens dont let it put ur life on hold for someone else honestly i did that and its not worth it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending