The Student Room Group

I need help to remember content of all my subjects and how to revise properly

I am a person who likes maths and science but don’t really adore any other subject so I tend to revise less and don’t really get the grades .
These are my grades
Maths -7
English-4-4
Science- 6-6
Geography-6
DT - 2
Sociology-5
Spanish-2

You can clearly see which ones I’m stuck on . How could I remember content for all these subjects and still ace maths and science .

I have a JUNE year 10 mock tests on all subjects so I would like to have some help
Also what grades in the mock would you think I would need to move from combined science to triple science for this mock ?
Original post by Chumter
I am a person who likes maths and science but don’t really adore any other subject so I tend to revise less and don’t really get the grades .
These are my grades
Maths -7
English-4-4
Science- 6-6
Geography-6
DT - 2
Sociology-5
Spanish-2

You can clearly see which ones I’m stuck on . How could I remember content for all these subjects and still ace maths and science .

I have a JUNE year 10 mock tests on all subjects so I would like to have some help
Also what grades in the mock would you think I would need to move from combined science to triple science for this mock ?

If you’re naturally better at maths and science, I’d be inclined to say revise those less and focus on the subjects you’re worst at. GCSEs are all about prioritising your weak subjects and knowing what you need to do to improve.

What you should be aiming for depends on what you want in the real thing. If you can, try and improve one grade in some of your weaker subjects. But there is still so much time until your final exams, so get the balance right and make sure you still have fun and enjoy learning. Use textbooks as well as revision guides and class notes, and for humanities subjects use YouTubers (eg Mr Bruff, Mr Salles and Stacey Reay for English revision) and do lots of practice essays and get feedback from your teachers. Really make an effort to learn things for especially eg Geography that’s more content heavy. Past papers will be your best friend, but don’t do many until Year 11. Just keep working hard and spend a little time each week perhaps reading through notes on that week’s work. Stay on top of your homework and complete everything to a high standard. Stay positive, work hard and put the effort in and you should see results and be able to achieve the grades you want eventually. Good luck!
How do I up my grade for Spanish and DT ?

I’m doing AQA for Spanish and I really despise it , how can I learn and enjoy it ?

Usually when I revise Spanish I just want to finish of the hour and don’t remember much .

+

DT, for DT I’m doing OCR and really struggle with coursework , How do I improve with coursework ?
No one i know does DT except in school
Could you even revise for DT?

I just want to improve in these subjects and get a good balanced grades all around .

If you could help me I would be very appreciated.
🙂
@CoolCavy d'you have any tips for revising dt??:ninjagirl:
for languages it'd be good to go over vocab regularly; workbooks for foreign languages i'd definitely recommend as it means you practice lots of different areas of the subject. if you hate the subject you can't really do anything about it, you just gotta force yourself to do some work for it so you at least get a pass.
Would your school let you drop any subjects like Spanish? I think this would help out with the rest of your grades and give you more time to focus on your other subjects.
No they don’t . Spanish is compulsory in my school :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending