The Student Room Group

Tips for CGP Revisions guides and GCSE

I'm Getting grade 3's for all my subjects a couple passes and a 6 in english lang i want to aim higher any advice, for using my cgp revision books
(edited 5 months ago)
Try using the blurting technique, and explaining the concepts on the page/chapter to yourself.
Also probably make flashcards too, and mostly importantly, practice, practice, practice.

Use the questions at the end of each topic, and if you get them wrong try and properly understand where you're growing wrong. Also use online resources to practice the topic until you are sure you've grasped it. You're going to do great 🙂 plese also remember to ask your teachers help and general advice on how to improve.
Original post by nj001
I'm Getting grade 3's for all my subjects a couple passes and a 6 in english lang i want to aim higher any advice, for using my cgp revision books

Always refer to the specification while reading through your cgp revision guides, because there may be points in them that can be simplified further or extra points that aren't covered in the specification which you don't need to know. If you do make any notes using the revision guides, you can add more to the notes using past paper questions!

Also, if when you're reading a revision guide, you find any points confusing or you have a question, always search it up because it's good to make sure you understand all the content you go through
Reply 3
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest