The Student Room Group

gcse help

Hi
I was wondering whether anybody would give me tips on how to revise. I would like to go to Greenhead College which is very competitive however im also from a non partner school
I am in yr 10 and im stressing about my GCSEs
as i dont really remember anything especially science. These are my predicted grades
MATHS 6
ENGLISH LANGUAGE 8
ENGLISH LITERATURE 6
PHYSICS 4
BIOLOGY 5
CHEMISTRY 6
SPANISH 7
GEOGRAPHY 8
ART 8
Do you think i should move down form triple science as my physics teacher doesn't each is anything and i dont really know how to learn the content.
Any feedback would be appreciated
The greenhead entry requirements are 3 subjects at grade 6 and then pasiing english and maths
Hey I moved to this thread to a more specific forum :smile: With your current grades, you'll be able to get in and you're still in yr 10 so you have time to improve your grades. What are subjects you want tips from?
it depends what you want to do for a levels?
I am going to greenhead in September, studying bio, chem and psychology and my grades were a lot worse then that when I was in year 10 (all grade 5s and 6s, same with my predicted grades) and did my mocks in jan and they were mostly 7s, with three 8s and one 6. don't worry at all, even though it is competitive (and I am from a non partner school) if your grades are like that in year 10, you should be on solid 8s and 7s, maybe even a few 9s in a year to come. predicted grades don't mean anything, at the interview, for me anyway, they looked at my grades I attained in my mocks and most recent report and wrote them down
don't drop down to double. I do triple and honestly I feel like the content difference is nothing, when looking at my double friends' books. use free science lessons to make ur notes because that is how I went from 5s to 8s😊 start now as well, I had to do it all in the summer
good luck, and any of ur questions about the college you can ask me (I haven't started yet though but I am excited, gcse I am aiming for 7s, 8s and 9s) xx
Original post by PetitePanda
Hey I moved to this thread to a more specific forum :smile: With your current grades, you'll be able to get in and you're still in yr 10 so you have time to improve your grades. What are subjects you want tips from?

Thank you i wanted tips for english science and Spanish
Original post by shady1402
I am going to greenhead in September, studying bio, chem and psychology and my grades were a lot worse then that when I was in year 10 (all grade 5s and 6s, same with my predicted grades) and did my mocks in jan and they were mostly 7s, with three 8s and one 6. don't worry at all, even though it is competitive (and I am from a non partner school) if your grades are like that in year 10, you should be on solid 8s and 7s, maybe even a few 9s in a year to come. predicted grades don't mean anything, at the interview, for me anyway, they looked at my grades I attained in my mocks and most recent report and wrote them down
don't drop down to double. I do triple and honestly I feel like the content difference is nothing, when looking at my double friends' books. use free science lessons to make ur notes because that is how I went from 5s to 8s😊 start now as well, I had to do it all in the summer
good luck, and any of ur questions about the college you can ask me (I haven't started yet though but I am excited, gcse I am aiming for 7s, 8s and 9s) xx

Good luck for your gcses i feel like i dont know the content well enough and english language abd science are my worst subjects like for my english language on paper 2 i got a grade 6
Original post by Ruqaiyah161
Thank you i wanted tips for english science and Spanish

English Lit - I suggest using your revision guides to learn the content. English Language, learn and practise exam techniques; do some practice papers and ask for feedback about what you need to work on. for both, mr bruff and mr salles are good youtube channels.

For science, find out what kind of learner you are. If you're a kinetic learner, do lots and lots of practice papers. If you are a more visual learner, watch videos and a good channel is freesciencelessons; diagrams and mindmaps are a good way for you to revise and association is also good. If you're an auitory listener, watch videos but you dont need the diagrams and any will do and I think Primrosekitten is good for this (not sure but its a good channel); maybe explain a topic to your friend or record yourself and listen back to your notes.

For spanish, what part are you struggling with? Listening, reading, writing or listening?

I agree with this because there's very little difference in combined science expect one topic, which was astrophysics, but that was it. Combined student btw :smile:
Good luck for your gcses i feel like i dont know the content well enough and english language abd science are my worst subjects like for my english language on paper 2 i got a grade 6

what I think is best for English Language is do a past paper without 'revising' for it, then get your teacher to mark it. the question you do worse in, use your revision guide and techniques to help build up knowledge and technique, then attempt the question again, have it marked again and then hopefully you would have made improvement xx
a grade 6 isn't bad as well, especially not at this stage as you should only be going up now xx
what I think is best for English Language is do a past paper without 'revising' for it, then get your teacher to mark it. the question you do worse in, use your revision guide and techniques to help build up knowledge and technique, then attempt the question again, have it marked again and then hopefully you would have made improvement xx
a grade 6 isn't bad as well, especially not at this stage as you should only be going up now xx

My teacher wont mark my extra work so i have to mark it myself
My teacher wont mark my extra work so i have to mark it myself

do you have a friend that is really really good at English? I usually give my English stuff to my friend because she literally gets 100% x
do you have a friend that is really really good at English? I usually give my English stuff to my friend because she literally gets 100% x

my friends are really good at english so i could give them my writing to mark aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending