The Student Room Group

How to revise Spanish translation and writing

Hi, I’ve got my yr 10 mocks and how should I revise urgently for it !!
Thanks
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Hi, I’ve got my yr 10 mocks and how should I revise urgently for it !!
Thanks

Well, I'd say make sure you know your vocabulary for the translation. Knowing your vocab will also help you with your writing. Also, practice your verb formations (you can use conjuguemos for that).
Finally, for writing you can learn a few fancy phrases that will be relevant for most topics.
Original post by _Mia101
Well, I'd say make sure you know your vocabulary for the translation. Knowing your vocab will also help you with your writing. Also, practice your verb formations (you can use conjuguemos for that).
Finally, for writing you can learn a few fancy phrases that will be relevant for most topics.

Thank you so much! :smile:Which opinative phrases could be used anytime? The topics we are being tested on are: School, festivals, hotel experience, weather, attractions,
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Thank you so much! :smile:Which opinative phrases could be used anytime? The topics we are being tested on are: School, festivals, hotel experience, weather, attractions,

I don't do spanish so I don't really know. But if you can find a conjunction that requires the subjunctive tense after it that can be good. In french I use so that I can - afin que je puisse.... there may be something similar in spanish.

Also, make sure you are using at least 3 tenses, personally I aim for 5-7: present, past (there are 2 in french), future (there are 2), conditional and subjunctive. This should improve your marks quite a lot.

Honestly writing is two things: fancy words/phrases and tenses.
Original post by _Mia101
I don't do spanish so I don't really know. But if you can find a conjunction that requires the subjunctive tense after it that can be good. In french I use so that I can - afin que je puisse.... there may be something similar in spanish.

Also, make sure you are using at least 3 tenses, personally I aim for 5-7: present, past (there are 2 in french), future (there are 2), conditional and subjunctive. This should improve your marks quite a lot.

Honestly writing is two things: fancy words/phrases and tenses.

Thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending