The Student Room Group

Best way to learn Spanish for GCSE

Basically what the title says, looking for tips, resources and websites. Love
Reply 1
I did French for GCSE’s. As usual I would recommend exam questions from your exam board. When I did GCSE French I purchased a revision guide and workbook. I didn’t use the revision guide, but did use the workbook. If your looking to learn vocabulary I would suggest using Quizlet. It has many activities which will help learn the vocab. You may create your own, use someone else’s by searching or use your teachers if they use Quizlet.

You basically need to learn the vocabulary and apply it confidently. If you can do that you will be fine.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions Or need help just ask me. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by datkiddave
Basically what the title says, looking for tips, resources and websites. Love

1) Listening to music in Spanish and translating it as it goes along. (listening)
2) Doing a daily diary entry in Spanish and when it comes to works you don't know using a website like spanishdict.com to translate the words. Also try using all of the tenses while you are doing this so that it is easier for you to do so in the actual exam. (writing)
3) Reading mini stories online in Spanish. (reading)
4) Putting post-it notes on items all around your home with the name of that item in Spanish. (general vocabulary)
5) Having conversations in Spanish with your friends at school - try using the general conversation topics here. (Speaking)
Reply 3
Original post by _user_
1) Listening to music in Spanish and translating it as it goes along. (listening)
2) Doing a daily diary entry in Spanish and when it comes to works you don't know using a website like spanishdict.com to translate the words. Also try using all of the tenses while you are doing this so that it is easier for you to do so in the actual exam. (writing)
3) Reading mini stories online in Spanish. (reading)
4) Putting post-it notes on items all around your home with the name of that item in Spanish. (general vocabulary)
5) Having conversations in Spanish with your friends at school - try using the general conversation topics here. (Speaking)

These seem quite much just for GCSE, but then again it probably works and it’s a great way to make revision more enjoyable by introducing variety, instead of just answering questions. So overall I probably would agree with this. …although I probably would be less likely to recommend it, if this person has their exam soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending