The Student Room Group

MA Interpreting with Translation- Which uni??

I am planning to study a MA in interpreting with translation using the 4 languages I can speak/ understand:Lithuanian, English, Spanish and Japanese.I'm native in the first two languages,and was hoping to know if ANY unis in the UK do or would be willing to accommodate me to be able to incorporate all 4 languages in the degree programme? For example, Leeds Uni gives you the choice to study Spanish/English interpreting with English/Japanese- Japanese-English translation which is as close as I've been able to get in terms of incorporating 3 languages into the degree. However, I would also like to include the Lithuanian somewhere because I want it to be official that I can also use Lithuanian for my interpreting/ translation studies.Any ideas?At all?
Original post by kilGabi
I am planning to study a MA in interpreting with translation using the 4 languages I can speak/ understand:Lithuanian, English, Spanish and Japanese.I'm native in the first two languages,and was hoping to know if ANY unis in the UK do or would be willing to accommodate me to be able to incorporate all 4 languages in the degree programme? For example, Leeds Uni gives you the choice to study Spanish/English interpreting with English/Japanese- Japanese-English translation which is as close as I've been able to get in terms of incorporating 3 languages into the degree. However, I would also like to include the Lithuanian somewhere because I want it to be official that I can also use Lithuanian for my interpreting/ translation studies.Any ideas?At all?

Hi @kilGabi,

I'm not sure if you had considered Portsmouth? Though having taken a look myself, it seems that there is more emphasis on the translation side of things. However, we do have an Interpreter Training Suite which might be of interest to you.

It might be worth contacting the Faculty and asking for further details of our MA Translation Studies if there is any Interpreting work in the course and/or they could accommodate the languages you want to study: [email protected]
You could also check out the page about the work the university does in Translation Research.

I hope this helps and best of luck finding a course! - let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Danielle - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending