The Student Room Group

Feeling like I'm in another dimension

I feel like I'm in another dimension and just watching my life without actually being involved in it.

I've experienced this before - but usually at the peak of depressive episodes. I'm far from okay at the moment, but I'm definitely not as bad as I have been so I don't understand why I'm feeling so disattached.

All that's going through my head is "Imagine not feeling depressed" and then I start ruminating about how I'm never going to get better and this feeling of hopelessness combined with the numbness just feels so odd and contradictory.

And I just don't know what to do.
It's called dissociation. You need to speak to your doctor ASAP.
What are you on? And if possible, can you get me some?
All jokes aside, I really think you should see a Doctor and I hope you get better soon
Reply 4
There’s a lot going on in the world at the moment so this could probably explain these feelings coming back. It’s so important to talk to family and friends and it’s really positive that you’ve recognised this as a problem and spoken out. Have you tried any mindfulness apps? They can help ground you and bring you back to a sense of reality by bringing you in touch with your body and mind. You may feel silly at first but meditation is proven to be really helpful for a number of things and a general sense of calmness. Hope you feel better soon, my private messages are always open x
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
What are you on? And if possible, can you get me some?

Go take shrooms
Reply 6
Original post by Amyljax
There’s a lot going on in the world at the moment so this could probably explain these feelings coming back. It’s so important to talk to family and friends and it’s really positive that you’ve recognised this as a problem and spoken out. Have you tried any mindfulness apps? They can help ground you and bring you back to a sense of reality by bringing you in touch with your body and mind. You may feel silly at first but meditation is proven to be really helpful for a number of things and a general sense of calmness. Hope you feel better soon, my private messages are always open x

I've never found mindfulness helpful -.I always find it quite difficult to stay fpcus and not get caught up in my thoughts

Thank you though,
Reply 7
I've never found mindfulness helpful -.I always find it quite difficult to stay fpcus and not get caught up in my thoughts

Thank you though,

I understand, it is something that takes practise to train your brain and different things work for different people. Maybe just try some other grounding techniques to bring you back to a sense of reality in those days or moments
Look at depersonalisation or derealisation online. They pertain to what you’re indicating.
Reply 9
All jokes aside, I really think you should see a Doctor and I hope you get better soon

What about all the mandelas effects
Like the monopoly man he’s no eye glass Monica but people remember him with one
Laghting cow the cheese people reamember with the nose ring now it not
E T check what he’ says now
Britney spers she dos not sing with the mic and the plad scurt now it’s black
Star Wars the all gold robot now it’s not all gold
And meny more what’s changed and there so meny people that remember it a serten way

Quick Reply

Latest