The Student Room Group

UCL vs Imperial MSc Finance

Hey guys,

I got offers from both universities.

MSc in Finance at UCL and;
MSc in Finance and Accounting at Imperial

I was wondering which of these schools had a better reputation within the financial services industry in London?

I'm also thinking about moving to the U.S. after completion. Are these school's well known in the U.S.? Is one of them more highly regarded?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by al_wadd20
Hey guys,

I was wondering which of these schools had a better reputation within the financial services industry in London?

I'm also thinking about moving to the U.S. after completion. Are these school's well known in the U.S.? Is one of them more highly regarded?

Congrats! Well, I went to LSE undergrad and my brother went to Imperial MSc. We both moved to the US for grad schools afterwards and I would say that Imperial and LSE are more famous than UCL there, especially for the younger educated generation who knows a bit about what's happening outside of the US, but the thing is that Americans mostly know Oxford and Cambridge... Those might be the only "famous" ones in the US.
In other parts of the world like Asia, Western Europe or Australia, ppl are really familiar with Imperial, LSE or UCL.

Also, do you have the American nationality? Moving to the US for studies is easy but for jobs it has been nearly impossible for the past 2 years or so...
Hey guys,

Imperial, in all cases.
Original post by Buttmuffin
Imperial, in all cases.

I second that opinion.
Reply 4
Hey guys,

Hi, which college you went for. I am in the same position myself and would love your advise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending