The Student Room Group
Reply 1
This is exactly what I wana know
Is it better to take straight economics or a mixture?
Reply 2
Maths by itself is best. If your good at maths and have taken FM. Defo apply maths. If not, then pure econ.
Reply 3
Ragzy
Maths by itself is best. If your good at maths and have taken FM. Defo apply maths. If not, then pure econ.

I don't want to do pure maths. I will have done further maths when I go to uni. Do you think maths & econ or pure econ?
Reply 4
Pure econ I would've thought. Depnds from which uni you do it at though. Say you do LSE M&E or could do LSE Econ. The latter would defo be better....
Belkin
I don't want to do pure maths. I will have done further maths when I go to uni. Do you think maths & econ or pure econ?

If you want to do pure econ at uni, i say do a BSc in Economics as it has a more mathematical element to it than a BA in Economics. Maths is also a good option as it is a quantitative subject and so is Econmetrics which is basically the mathematics behind economics (I think). All in all it doesn't matter if you do economics or maths, but as long as it is a BSc though.
Both are good, and it really depends on the university because they are similar. Maths is better for trading but Economics is jut as good because it's mathematical. So do what you want. M&E might be a little less competitive.

Latest