The Student Room Group

Is this a traffic light sensor or a red light canera

What’s the difference in appearance between the two in uk
Reply 1
A4863B41-035D-4A4A-B565-A0643848330C.jpeg Is this a red light camera or just a traffic sensor
Reply 3

Thanks so much! Im the one that posted the picture of the traffic camera I don’t know if you can see it, it’s the one below my question, so according to your answer the one in my picture in a sensor camera? Thank you again
Original post by PurpleP334
Thanks so much! Im the one that posted the picture of the traffic camera I don’t know if you can see it, it’s the one below my question, so according to your answer the one in my picture in a sensor camera? Thank you again

Yes, that's a traffic light sensor.

Can you get a fine or points on your lisence from a traffic light sensor?
Original post by Joecrush99
Can you get a fine or points on your lisence from a traffic light sensor?

Almost certainly not. They're just basic sensors, they can't see anything but simple light movements, they're essentially the same as sensors which open the automatic doors at shops.

Some new type of sensor could exist which can read number plates, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Is this a red light camera I’m freaking out .Just passed driving test and accidentally drove through them .
Original post by angieflood
Is this a red light camera I’m freaking out .Just passed driving test and accidentally drove through them .

Looks like a sensor and cctv for watching traffic levels.

Red light cameras are typically larger and sit a way back from the lights they are monitoring. You can also see the camera signage on google streetview.
Reply 9
What type of camera is this on top of the traffic light please I was just wondering
Original post by Keith1942#
What type of camera is this on top of the traffic light please I was just wondering

You’ll need to sort out the image but it’ll nearly always be cctv/traffic monitoring.
Original post by Admit-One
You’ll need to sort out the image but it’ll nearly always be cctv/traffic monitoring.

What type of camera is this on top of this traffic light
Original post by Keith1942#
What type of camera is this on top of this traffic light

Image still not working but if it’s on top of the lights themselves then there’s almost no chance it’s light monitoring.

Check on google streetview for camera signage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending