The Student Room Group

Bike stolen - is this a camera I could get an image out of? Or is it a sensor?

I believe this question has been asked a thousand times so I unfortunately probably know the answer already.

My bike got stolen very close to an intersection in Edinburgh and checking street view I realised there are this grey boxes on top of the traffic lights pointed at incoming traffic. I was hoping these were some sort of cameras and try get images from the police, but after a quick search I’m not sure if these are cameras at all, or if are they simply sensors?

Cheers.

3 angles for clarity:

Reply 1
On traffic lights these tend to be sensors. But even if they were cameras I think you need to accept your bike is long gone. It sucks. I've had a few bikes knicked in my time. Lessons learned - get a really really really good lock and bike insurance.
It’s a sensor and I don’t believe traffic CCTV’s retain footage in any case.
Reply 3
Original post by hotpud
On traffic lights these tend to be sensors. But even if they were cameras I think you need to accept your bike is long gone. It sucks. I've had a few bikes knicked in my time. Lessons learned - get a really really really good lock and bike insurance.

Yeah I guess :frown:
The bike did have a gold secure lock and it is insured. I just really like my bike and they don’t sell that model anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending