The Student Room Group

2021 entry applicants - Netherlands universities

Scroll to see replies

Applicant for engineering 2021 here.Currently applying TuD for Aerospace, TuEindhoven for Industrial engineering and UTwente Mechanical engineering - all Bsc.I wanted to know a bit more regarding all of these, and how tough the examination for Delft will be considering I am taking Further Maths and Pre-U physics A level?Also, which is most reputed across the Netherlands for above courses? I want to know a bit more about job placement, and which companies usually come to pick graduates from campus. Cheers!!!
Reply 61
hi! i'm considering applying to maastricht. i know they use studielink for applications so does this mean a transcript from your school is required or not?
Original post by UniFinderS
Applicant for engineering 2021 here.Currently applying TuD for Aerospace, TuEindhoven for Industrial engineering and UTwente Mechanical engineering - all Bsc.I wanted to know a bit more regarding all of these, and how tough the examination for Delft will be considering I am taking Further Maths and Pre-U physics A level?Also, which is most reputed across the Netherlands for above courses? I want to know a bit more about job placement, and which companies usually come to pick graduates from campus. Cheers!!!

Hi! I don't know answer to most of your questions, but here you can compare different courses and see ratings for things as student satisfaction etc. :
https://www.studiekeuze123.nl/opleidingen
It is in Dutch, but if you are using google chrome it is easy to automatically translate everything into english.
Original post by exols
hi! i'm considering applying to maastricht. i know they use studielink for applications so does this mean a transcript from your school is required or not?

You have to find that on their website, using studielink means nothing, nearly every (maybe even all) university uses studielink, but usually they will also want you to apply through their own application system, where you upload documents as transcript, copy of your ID/passport, statement from your current school that you actually study there etc.
I am currently applying to uGroningen for the International Business program but Maastricht offers the same one as well. Both of them seem like excellent programs but I am not sure on what ground to make my decision. Does anybody have an insight or is enrolled in one of them?
Original post by nicoleannaa_
I am currently applying to uGroningen for the International Business program but Maastricht offers the same one as well. Both of them seem like excellent programs but I am not sure on what ground to make my decision. Does anybody have an insight or is enrolled in one of them?

You can probably apply to both, right? If both seem nice
Original post by VanillaCream
You can probably apply to both, right? If both seem nice

Yes! But they are both numerus fixus and I don’t want to risk not getting into neither...
Yes! But they are both numerus fixus and I don’t want to risk not getting into neither...

You can apply to both and then during the proces of learning for the entrance exam or whatever your program has (psychology has exams, not sure about international bussines) you can decide :smile: that way you have more time to research which university and program will be better for you :smile:

yeah, but as Catsarepurrfect said you can apply to both and then when you get the materials to study for the selection, you can decide which will be easier to get into and study for that one or you can just study for both as you can apply to 4 courses via Studielink so you can apply to 2 numerus fixus and 2 others which are easier to get into
but if you want to decide now between the two, read a bit about the uni and if there are things apart from the course which seem nice, also you might want to consider factors like accommodation and prices in the city and just make your own ranking out of it
I'd personally heard that, out of those two at least, Groningen is a much nicer student city with like a student vibe haha
Hi! I would like to know if Leiden's international organisations and relations or uva's polsci is better, what are you experiences? i'm torn between the two.
Original post by hotterparry
Thought I'd just pitch in that Liberal Arts&Sciences at Amsterdam University College sounds great, but isn't. I'm currently a student at AUC and obviously ranting, but I believe the following point still stands. We just got out our course registrations confirmed for the fall semester and a substantial amount of people are not getting the courses they want and need. Many courses have prereqs, and when those prereqs are popular courses, there is a likely chance you won't be able to follow the track of courses you came to AUC for: Liberal Arts&Sciences be more like Random Arts&Sciences. If you're good with that, by all means, apply, but if you're heart academically already lies somewhere, be prepared to be disappointed.

Doesn't sound good. Thanks for speaking up! Who decides who gets the course, and who doesn't, is it random?
Also what major are you, and how many/which courses did you end up not being able to take?
I've applied, but if there's anything else to watch out for about AUC please let us know, so we have realistic expectations!

Hi! As many have said, I would apply to both and then check. Like the above, Studiekeuze123 would be good to check (students at Maastricht are 'happier' with their course, so that may be worth looking at) and you can check what modules each uni offers? Maybe look into the cities. If there's one you prefer, do that. :smile:
Original post by juststu-dying
Hi! As many have said, I would apply to both and then check. Like the above, Studiekeuze123 would be good to check (students at Maastricht are 'happier' with their course, so that may be worth looking at) and you can check what modules each uni offers? Maybe look into the cities. If there's one you prefer, do that. :smile:

Thank you for your opinion! I just applied to Groningen and Tilburg for IBA. I received an e-mail stating that I will receive the decision in 4-6 weeks. As I have only 1 application slot left (I decided to apply to a program that isn’t connected to business just in case) I am torn between Maastricht and applying to a less competitive IBA program that doesn’t have a numerus fixus for safety.
Thank you for your opinion! I just applied to Groningen and Tilburg for IBA. I received an e-mail stating that I will receive the decision in 4-6 weeks. As I have only 1 application slot left (I decided to apply to a program that isn’t connected to business just in case) I am torn between Maastricht and applying to a less competitive IBA program that doesn’t have a numerus fixus for safety.

Which one is that? :smile:
Original post by juststu-dying
Which one is that? :smile:

HR at Tilburg.
HR at Tilburg.

Tilburg is really nice! It's close to where my parents live. If you're ok with that, you can do it - it's about what you prefer after all! :smile:

Maastricht will be significantly easier to get into than Groningen, so many dutch kids want to go to Groningen lol. It's a much better city than Maastricht though and uni standard is about the same i would guess. The rankings give an edge to Groningen and i ultimately decided against it over applying to Maastricht, but I'm not unbiased as RUG is my uni lol.

I attend university of groningen for my master's in business, and I've taught first years..I'm a tutor for organisational behaviour, which is a course you will be taking at RUG or Maastricht. So if you have any questions about RUG feel free to ask.

I did my undergrad at University of Nottingham in UK. But be aware dutch uni isn't harder, but it's more busy work. Required attendance etc. 😂 In the UK you actually just chill in comparison.... But you do get resits here, without penalty which is unheard of in the UK.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Maastricht will be significantly easier to get into than Groningen, so many dutch kids want to go to Groningen lol. It's a much better city than Maastricht though and uni standard is about the same i would guess. The rankings give an edge to Groningen and i ultimately decided against it over applying to Maastricht, but I'm not unbiased as RUG is my uni lol.

I attend university of groningen for my master's in business, and I've taught first years..I'm a tutor for organisational behaviour, which is a course you will be taking at RUG or Maastricht. So if you have any questions about RUG feel free to ask.

I did my undergrad at University of Nottingham in UK. But be aware dutch uni isn't harder, but it's more busy work. Required attendance etc. 😂 In the UK you actually just chill in comparison.... But you do get resits here, without penalty which is unheard of in the UK.

Definitely agree with the last part, at least in comparison to the UK! Though I do quite like the required attendance, as means I have to show up and participate.

(same on the first also, I like the city of Maastricht but ultimately decided to study in Groningen)
Original post by Realitysreflexx

I hope I get at least one offer as Tilburg and Groningen IBA seem to be very competitive and I already applied to both of them :frown:Do you know if many kids got rejected from Groningen's IBA? I may look into choosing a safety school because my chances seem to be very low esp Groningen..I am getting very stressesed out haha
Reply 79
Hi there!! I’ve applied to Radboud University and on my my osiris portal it says that my admission decision has been made and that my decision announcement is in progress. However, it’s been like that for 2 days now. Should I email the admissions team?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending