The Student Room Group

University of Leeds or University of Glasgow for Data Science M.Sc

Hi,
I am from India and I have offers from University of Glasgow and University of Leeds for Masters in Data Science. I find course structure of both the universities very robust and industry centric. I also have 4 years experience working as a software developer for a huge MNC. PLEASE SUGGEST which university would be ideal for me considering my primary concern is getting a job as data scientist in UK once my course is over. Which Uni/City provides better opportunities for job going forward. Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I am a bit biased because I studied at Leeds. It is a great uni and city.A brilliant campus and SU too. The surrounding countryside of Yorkshire is wonderful. Glasgow is a fab place too I’ve heard, with the charms and advantages of being in Scotland. A bit more remote though. So I would say you will not be sad if you choose Leeds. But I guess best to hear some more balanced views as well.
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
I am a bit biased because I studied at Leeds. It is a great uni and city.A brilliant campus and SU too. The surrounding countryside of Yorkshire is wonderful. Glasgow is a fab place too I’ve heard, with the charms and advantages of being in Scotland. A bit more remote though. So I would say you will not be sad if you choose Leeds. But I guess best to hear some more balanced views as well.

Thanks for reply. Even I am a bit biased towards Leeds mainly because it is relatively closer to London which opens up a world of opportunities.
Hey @pradeesh01 ! I know it's been a while since this post but now I am in the same situation and wanted to get some advice. Which one you finally decided to go with and how was your experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending