The Student Room Group

Maxwell

8b.) If the answer is no particles have 0 energy then why does it start at 0,0 because that means some particles have 0 energy.

And don't get dii) I know about dehydration you use sulfuric acid but for hydration why is it sulfuric acid

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
15958833112274614958516316707382.jpg15958833403255612996172783155258.jpg
Reply 2
I also dont understand cii) so the graph shifts to the right so the Emp point is higher but the number on molecule is decreased because the graph is lower. So why is it not decrease.15958872104735973251783692465795.jpg
Reply 3
Original post by Jshek
I also dont understand cii) so the graph shifts to the right so the Emp point is higher but the number on molecule is decreased because the graph is lower. So why is it not decrease.15958872104735973251783692465795.jpg

Sorry I understand this. Read question wrong ... dont get above
So which questions is it that you are still stuck on?
lol for a second I thought this thread was about Ghislaine Maxwell:mmm:
Reply 6
Original post by KFC Loverr

Original post by GabiAbi84
So which questions is it that you are still stuck on?

8b and dii
Original post by Jshek
8b and dii

Okay, so 8b -what does 0,0 stand for?
Reply 8
Original post by KFC Loverr

lol no. its from maxwell boltzmann distribution curve
also, who is that?
Reply 9
Okay, so 8b -what does 0,0 stand for?

Coordinate (0,0)
Original post by megan_e
lol no. its from maxwell boltzmann distribution curve
also, who is that?

wow shes in the news and all. she was charged with the crimes of enticement of minors and sex trafficking of children
i really need to keep up with news
also, sorry for derailing the conversation
Original post by Jshek
Coordinate (0,0)

Yes so coordinates tell you the value of the x-axis and the y-axis, in this case the x-a is is energy and the y-axis is number of molecules. So when you see the coordinate (0,0) then what does that tell you about the number of molecules and the energy value?
Reply 12
Yes so coordinates tell you the value of the x-axis and the y-axis, in this case the x-a is is energy and the y-axis is number of molecules. So when you see the coordinate (0,0) then what does that tell you about the number of molecules and the energy value?

At 0 molecules there is 0 energy. Am I right which makes sense
Original post by Jshek
At 0 molecules there is 0 energy. Am I right which makes sense

Yes so when you have 0 molecules you have no energy, and conversely when you have 0 energy you have 0 molecules (no molecules have 0 energy) so the graph must cross the point (0,0)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
Yes so when you have 0 molecules you have no energy, and conversely when you have 0 energy you have 0 molecules (no molecules have 0 energy) so the graph must cross the point (0,0)

What about dii
Original post by Jshek
What about dii

Okay so you said you know about using sulphuric acid for dehydration-do you remember what type of compounds use it for that purpose?
Reply 16
Okay so you said you know about using sulphuric acid for dehydration-do you remember what type of compounds use it for that purpose?

Alkene?
Reply 17
Original post by Jshek
Alkene?

I meant alkane
Reply 18
Original post by Jshek
I meant alkane

No alcohol
Original post by Jshek
Alkene?

To make alkenes you dehydrate alcohols using acid catalysts,