The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

New thread after the last one's success: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1921396&page=498

Original post by The Wavefunction
x

Original post by Kenan and Kel
x

Original post by FFTypoCorrector
x

Original post by Louis.
x

Original post by The_K1NG
x

Original post by Zerforax
x

Original post by Enginerd.
x

Original post by moment of truth
x

Scroll to see replies

In. We're so sh*te at the shorter formats of the game.
Reply 2
Last thread almost took 4 years.

Prediction: in 4 years time Ben Stokes will have the highest batting average in history, the lowest bowling average, and will be the undisputed GOAT.

Quote me.
Hi 😀

What is wrong with Pakistan today? :frown:
31-3 from 13.3 overs
Not tagged

Crying

In.
England on fire

50-5
Prediction for the next 4 years - In a scandalous turn of events, a Cook-Strauss sex tape emerges, giving the ECB no option but to suspend them both from their roles. This allows an ageing Pietersen to return, and under Joe Root's leadership England go on to Ashes and World Cup success.

Quote me.
This performance gives me flash backs :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prediction:

KP returns to the England fold, tells Root not to review an LBW which was missing the stumps and is subsequently kicked out. Lack of trust cited as reason. Shoaib Malik makes himself available for test selection again, retires with immediate effect 4 balls into his first innings back. South Africa make the final of a major tournament. Mohammed Amir becomes the highest wicket taker ever. Jonathan Trott withdraws from his shopping trip to Waitrose with stress.

Quote me.
Reply 9
Srs prediction:

England test captain is James Taylor.

Quote me.
Will be optimistic, Pakistan will stage an international match against a top eight team within four years!

Riaz' consistency is impressive, helps being used well to maintain his levels.

Fully expect England to win the series as Pakistan's batting isn't as strong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pakistan, back to what they're good at, collapsing. We need decent openers. Can't put the pressure on middle order at something like 20 for 3. What else do you expect?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Pakistan, back to what they're good at, collapsing. We need decent openers. Can't put the pressure on middle order at something like 20 for 3. What else do you expect?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We need openers who can handle swing otherwise we will struggle badly in England next year. A hint of swing and our batsmen look clueless.
Original post by The_K1NG
We need openers who can handle swing otherwise we will struggle badly in England next year. A hint of swing and our batsmen look clueless.

It's laughable... not much experience in this current ODI team in the batting department. Hafeez is clueless outside the sub-continent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prediction - in 4 years time Bangladesh will be seen as one of the best sides in the world :colondollar:
So, supposedly, the India Pak series has been put forward by BCCI to PCB to take place in December in India... not exactly concrete yet and I don't fully expect it to take place.

Still find it really absurd that Shahryar is pleading for a series and not the other way around, it seems like a one way conversation, should atleast keep some dignity. Plus, I wouldn't personally advise the PAK players to travel to India on saftey grounds, UAE would've been ideal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prediction - India will win the World Cup in Englad 2019 :beard: and we will finally win at least one test series away from home with Kohli as the captain.
Reply 17
Prediction:

In four years time cricket will be played exclusively by England, India and Australia, after the ICC deemed all other nations 'unnecessary'.
ashwin is killing it right now! also jadeja is now bowling better than he bats - ipl, he was known as the pinch hitter!
No tag. </3 :lol:

Hope Dhawan can convert a good start this time round!

Quick Reply

Latest