The Student Room Group

Applying for medicine question!

hi all,

Im a little confused on how this works exactly; to apply for medicine i understand that you need a personal statement, to have taken the ukcat (and bmat if applying to certain universities), you also need a reference from your school- do u go specifically up to your teachers and ask or does ucas do this for you? - since i am applying with ucas through the school. Also i was wondering if we need to write a CV?

Thankyou all in advance:smile:
Reply 1
Radioactive Blob
hi all,

Im a little confused on how this works exactly; to apply for medicine i understand that you need a personal statement, to have taken the ukcat (and bmat if applying to certain universities), you also need a reference from your school- do u go specifically up to your teachers and ask or does ucas do this for you? - since i am applying with ucas through the school. Also i was wondering if we need to write a CV?

Thankyou all in advance:smile:

talk to your teachers and tell them u wanna do med, pls can u have a reference? u need teacher to do u a ref for ur ucas form.

no cv needed. the ucas form is essentially a cv
If you're applying through UCAS through school then it's all pretty automated.

You'll fill in all the boxes on the form online, grades, results, subjects, personal statement, the lot. Then you'll submit it, it will go to your head of 6th form or someone along those lines for them to add the reference that's been combined from your various teachers, then they'll submit it to UCAS.

Latest

Trending

Trending