The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Brighthelm is it good

ive got brighthelm, is it good
Original post by teganmclean
ive got brighthelm, is it good

Hello, I have not lived in brighthelm personally; however I have seen what the accommodation looks like, and I do have a friend who really enjoyed living in brighthelm in her first year. Overall, the accommodation looks like a nice cosy, small house. The rooms are ok in size; big enough for you to store your belongings, and to make the space your own. You will share a bathroom with 1 or 2 people max, since there is 1 bathroom upstairs, and 1 bathroom downstairs. You will also have a sink in your bedroom, which is always helpful. Your number of flats mates will usually be 4, which means you will definitely have a good chance of getting to know everyone really well :smile: You will have an access to washing machine/dryer without having to use a paid- launderette - so that's definitely a big bonus :smile:.

Let me know if you have any other questions about living in university halls, or anything else :smile:

Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps
Hello, I have not lived in brighthelm personally; however I have seen what the accommodation looks like, and I do have a friend who really enjoyed living in brighthelm in her first year. Overall, the accommodation looks like a nice cosy, small house. The rooms are ok in size; big enough for you to store your belongings, and to make the space your own. You will share a bathroom with 1 or 2 people max, since there is 1 bathroom upstairs, and 1 bathroom downstairs. You will also have a sink in your bedroom, which is always helpful. Your number of flats mates will usually be 4, which means you will definitely have a good chance of getting to know everyone really well :smile: You will have an access to washing machine/dryer without having to use a paid- launderette - so that's definitely a big bonus :smile:.

Let me know if you have any other questions about living in university halls, or anything else :smile:

Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)

Hi Kasia, the Brighthelm webpage says one would need to go to Park village for laundry? Are you sure on washing machine/dryer?
Original post by Djohn1988
Hi Kasia, the Brighthelm webpage says one would need to go to Park village for laundry? Are you sure on washing machine/dryer?

Hello @Djohn1988,

Thank you for pointing it out! I have looked at the website and it does say laundrette is 0.1 miles away from Park Village. However, in the video, it says that a washing machine and dryer are offered. I too remember Brighthelm having a washing machine and a dryer so something does not add up here.

It may have been that the website is not up to date so I have passed the information to the relevant team and will let you know as soon as I have confirmation on whether Brighthelm does offer a washing machine/dryer. I apologise for the inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Erica (3rd Year Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence)
(edited 2 years ago)
Also applied for Brighthelm, haven't got confirmation yet though. Have heard a lot of language like "used to have" re:laundry facilities. If they've been taken out and I have to use Circuit I would actually rather eat the dirty clothes
Hello @Djohn1988 and @topazdaffodil,

I was able to get confirmation from the Housing Team.
Brighthelm does have its own washing machine and dryer.

Brighthelm differs slightly from our more traditional halls, instead of being laid out in flats it is made up of townhouses. As such, each townhouse has its own washing machine and tumble dryer. So, while the laundrette at Park Village is indeed the closest "laundrette", students living in these halls have access to their own washer and dryer.

I hope this helps!
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
That's great news, thank you!
Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps
Hello @Djohn1988 and @topazdaffodil,

I was able to get confirmation from the Housing Team.
Brighthelm does have its own washing machine and dryer.

Brighthelm differs slightly from our more traditional halls, instead of being laid out in flats it is made up of townhouses. As such, each townhouse has its own washing machine and tumble dryer. So, while the laundrette at Park Village is indeed the closest "laundrette", students living in these halls have access to their own washer and dryer.

I hope this helps!
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Hi Erica, Thank you for the confirmation. This puts Brighthelm right at the top of my preferences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending