The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Official Middlesex University London 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone done a Graphic Design Interview at Middlesex?
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by anonymous_xjh90
do all the interviews include group discussions? I'm applying for nursing

No
there is no group discussion for nursing
hey! I'm applying for a masters in dance pedology, wondering if anyone else is and if so how long should I expect to wait to hear back, I sent my application off last Monday and I know there is an interview in this process.
Original post by naj1485
Wanted to do medical physiology but I think I’m gonna just go for biomed

Oh ok..so have u decided what uni ur going??
Original post by Louise-oggy
Hi, I've applied for Film BA and I am currently study Creative Media Production. Let's hope I get in! :crossedf:

Same with me!
Hi, I’ve applied for product design, and was wondering if anyone else has?
Reply 46
I've applied for healthcare science (cardiac physiology) too! My interview is on Monday. There's a maths test as well and I only got a 5 in GCSE foundation maths so yh :I
Original post by fxtimx101
Thank You!!!
Yes I got offers from all of them!!:smile: You applied to three of the same unis as me..middlesex takes kinda long and the other two would come back to u in 1 or 2 weeks.

Lol we might even see each other if we go to the same uni....what uni u thinking of going??? I'm thinking between UEL and middlesex

Ik this is kinda random but I literally applied for the same unis as both of you... well only 3 of them which are UEL, Middlesex and Kingston (the rest are Sunderland and London met) what course are you planning on studying?
I've applied for Medical physiology but tbh I don't even know if I am going to choose this uni or UEL
Original post by chaniiiii
Ik this is kinda random but I literally applied for the same unis as both of you... well only 3 of them which are UEL, Middlesex and Kingston (the rest are Sunderland and London met) what course are you planning on studying?

Oh wow
well I acepted my offer an imma go to UEL to study biomedical sciences this September
hbu?
Original post by chaniiiii
I've applied for Medical physiology but tbh I don't even know if I am going to choose this uni or UEL

oh ok
good luckkk
Original post by Rai07
I've applied for healthcare science (cardiac physiology) too! My interview is on Monday. There's a maths test as well and I only got a 5 in GCSE foundation maths so yh :I

How did you do?
Original post by Louise-oggy
Update: I got an offer!

Hey! I also have an offer for Film at Middlesex- went on an in-person open day a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. Middlesex is my insurance, but I still really love the look of it.
Original post by Anonymous

Hello, my name is Rebecca I study MA Fine Art at Middlesex University and also studied BA Fine Art at Middlesex University have you had your interview? If not this link might be useful to prepare you for an interview https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/undergraduate/interviews-portfolios-and-auditions I would recommend making sure as your portfolio will be online making sure your images aren't put onto a white background as a computer screen acts like a lightbox and will detract from the quality of the image.
Good luck with your application.
Original post by Lampkin1978
Hey! I also have an offer for Film at Middlesex- went on an in-person open day a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. Middlesex is my insurance, but I still really love the look of it.

Hello, My name is Rebecca I am an ambassador at Middlesex University, I study MA Fine Art. That's great that you have an offer to study at Middlesex I particularly like the large number of practical facilities such as the kit hub where you can borrow media equipment. If you would like to hear more about the course from a student that studies Film currently then you can talk to our ambassador Emily here. https://www.mdx.ac.uk/student-life/chat-with-students
Original post by Anonymous

Hello my name is Rebecca

I study MA Fine Art and I am an ambassador at Middlesex University.

Thank you for your question.

The interviews for Arts and Creative Industries courses are quite similar in terms of what they ask you to prepare.

You will need a portfolio at the moment this will be an online portfolio. So you will need to ensure that you take good quality photographs, only use your phone camera if it takes high definition photographs, and put the work on a dark background as light backgrounds can create a glare.

You can use programs such as PowerPoint to order your images and add information such as medium, title, and theme.

See our page on advice about portfolios and interviews here https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/undergraduate/interviews-portfolios-and-auditions

Good luck with your interview and if you have any more questions feel free to private message me.
Hey I’m Rachel! I’ve applied for Illustration at Middlesex and thankfully received an offer! Haven’t managed to find anyone in my own course though!
Original post by Rachel0604
Hey I’m Rachel! I’ve applied for Illustration at Middlesex and thankfully received an offer! Haven’t managed to find anyone in my own course though!

Hi @Rachel0604,

My name is Aleks and I am a course ambassador at Middlesex University!

Congratulations on your offer! We are so excited to have you as a student at our university!

I am sure that you will be able to find many people from your course once you join the Freshers Facebook Group and all other ways that the university organises for you to meet everyone on your course. Furthermore, there is an entire week before you start classes dedicated to helping you to get to know everyone on your course.

We are looking forward to seeing you in September!

Kind regards,
Aleks
Reply 58
Has anyone else got the email of BA Television and Digital Production suspension?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kyriako
Has anyone else got the email of BA Television and Digital Production suspension?

Hi @Kyriako,

I am so sorry to hear that you have received such an email. That's really odd.

My name is Aleks and I am a course ambassador at Middlesex University. To address your concern I would highly recommend you contact the course leader or contact our Admissions Enquiries Advisers, you can do so here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/chat-to-us-now. They should be able to guide you to someone that can help you with that.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes and if I can help with anything else!

Kind regards,
Aleks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending